Chapter 73 - Surprise for Lila

Nat: So what are you two doing for the rest of the day?

Wanda looks at you and you nod

Wanda: Well with it being Thursday, we are headed back to Clint's house for the night, then bringing Lila back with us for the weekend.

Y/N: Laura and dad said it was ok. So we are spending the weekend with her and possibly Emily

Nat: Who is Emily?

Y/N: Um... Lila's friend

Nat: Wait? Her best friend, Emily? The one she like, likes?

Y/N: Um... Yah. A few months ago, remember when I woke you up with water?

Nat: Yes I do

Y/N: Well, before you two came, when we came back from lunch, she was outside of the cabin. She kissed Emily at school, Cooper and his friends saw and started to call her and Emily names. She came out to dad, me and Laura when I had dad FaceTime Laura and we chatted for a bit. She didn't know what to do, so she came here.

Nat: Wait? Cooper made fun of her?

Wanda: Yes he did but she felt really comfortable talking with Y/N about it

Nat: OK. Well have fun

Y/N: Lila doesn't know. It's a surprise. She needs a break, so I thought why not here

Nat: I'm proud of you sweetheart

Y/N: Thanks mom. Are you ready to go, Wanda?

Wanda: Yah lets go

You hug Nat and Alex then grab your keys and wallet then head to the car. You both get in and then you call Laura.

On Phone with Laura

Y/N: Hey Laura

Laura: Hey Y/N, what's up?

Y/N: Wanda and I are on the way to the house to hang out with you guys then after Lila gets home from school tomorrow head to the cabin with her and maybe Emily? Is that ok?

Laura: Sounds like a plan. So I guess we will see you in like 2 hours then?

Y/N: Yah. Do you want me to bring anything?

Laura: Do you mind stopping and grabbing some wine?

Y/N: Not at all. 1 or 2 bottles?

Laura: Do two and whatever kind you guys want

Wanda: Sounds good. See you in a bit then

Laura: See you two soon

Ends call

You two talk about what wine you guys want then stop at the store and get two white wines and then pay. Wanda puts the bags into the car and then you get back in and head off to the farm house. After about 2 hours, you make it to the house. You both get out and head inside to see everyone. Laura came out and you both hugged. Wanda took the wine to the kitchen.

Laura: So how are you doing?

Y/N: Amazing actually

Wanda: Better than earlier bubs?

Laura: What happened earlier?

You three go sit on the couch and chat

Y/N: Ok. Doing better but maybe amazing is the full truth. I have found out that I have low blood sugar, so I had a panic attack this morning, finally got it back to normal range and took a nap. Had a flashback and nightmare but am good now. I'm overcoming my fears everyday

Laura: I'm guessing the needle part?

Y/N: Yah. Alex showed me how to do it and I seem to be getting better at it

Laura: I'm so proud of you

Y/N: Thanks Laura

Laura: You're welcome

Wanda: Laura, where are the kids at? It seems a little quiet

Laura: Lila is at Emily's to spend some time together and the boys are actually coming down the driveway now

Wanda: Oh... ok

Nate saw your car and started running to hug you. You see him running down the driveway, so you decide to hide and scare him. He comes running in and sees Wanda but not you.

Nate: Hey mom. Hey Wanda. Where's sis at?

Laura: I'm not sure. She was just here but not sure where she went. Try and find her

You are hiding behind the couch and can hear the conversation and start to laugh. Nate goes and hugs Wanda. Wanda points behind her and whispers to Nate and saids behind the couch. Nate lets go of Wanda and heads to behind the couch and he sees that you're there but not looking at him, so he jumps on you and hugs you.

Y/N: You found me buddy. How are you?

Nate: I'm good. I've missed you

Y/N: I've missed you too

Nate: Wait? Why are you here? Is everything ok?

Y/N: Yes. I wanted to see you guys

Nate: I'm glad

Nate got off of you and you both got up and then you hugged Cooper

Y/N: Hey Cooper, how are you?

Cooper: Hey sis, I'm good. Glad to see you both

Laura: Ok boys, go do your homework. If you need help just ask, ok?

Nate: Ok mom

Cooper: Ok

The boys go off and do their homework. After about 2 hours, Nate finished his and was playing in his room. Cooper came to you and asked if you could help him with his math. You said sure. You go up to his room and help him. You explained it in terms that he could understand. He got it and was able to understand it better. Cooper grabbed his football and went out to do some target practice. You head downstairs and ask Laura a question.

Y/N: Hey Laura, are the drums and piano still in the barn?

Laura: Yeah. Clint made it a soundproof room so that you could write and play anytime of the day when you're here, so that you didn't have to be afraid to wake us up if you go out there in the middle of the night.

Y/N: Ok. I'm going to go out there for a bit. When does Lila need to be picked up?

Laura: Maybe around 8:30pm tonight

Wanda: You ok, love?

Y/N: Yah, I'm good. But need to check my numbers before I go out

You go grab it from the car and then sit down at the table. You pull out the tester, test strip and the needle. You prepare your left middle finger, grab the needle, poke then squeeze a little and add it to the test strip and wait 3 seconds and the reader reads the number. Your number was 122 mg/dL. You showed Wanda and she nodded. You cleaned up and then headed out to the barn to go write a new song. Once you get out to the music room, you grab your paper, pencil, the mic and hit the recording button and record your new song. After you finish recording it, you grab your headphones and listen to it. You make the little corrections that you made then start to put music to it. Then once you figured out what the music was, you saved the song, then grabbed the drum sticks and started to mess around for a bit. After a little bit longer, you look at the clock and the time says 8 pm, so you put the sticks down, turn off the light and go back inside to hug Wanda.