Chapter 28 - Surgery

Bruce goes over and calls Alex and Kara and asks them to come. He needs Alex for surgery and Kara, she is going to need your support as well. Alex and Kara agree and get there within like 30 minutes. Bruce gets you prepped and then you head back with Bruce. Nat, Clint, and Wanda go out into the main room and wait. Once in the main room, Wanda sees Kara and goes up and hugs her.

Kara: How is she?

Wanda: Getting prepped for surgery. Wait?! What are you doing here?

Kara: Bruce called Alex and asked her to help with the surgery and said that she would need some support and asked me to come as well. She is in amazing hands with Alex.

Nat: Wait?! Alex is here?

Kara: Yes, she is. We are staying for a few weeks. She can't wait to see you. Not a word. Act surprised please.

Nat: I will, I promise. Will not throw you under the bus. I don't want to see what happens.

Wanda: Nat, are you scared of Kara?

Nat: I plead the 5th

Wanda and Kara start laughing. Clint updates Laura on what's going on and walks back in and heads to the training room. Surgery lasts for about 2 hours. Wanda is asleep on the couch because of all the crying she did. Nat is asleep on the other side when Alex comes up and kisses her head and says good afternoon love. Nat wakes up and jumps off the couch and into Alex's arms. Wanda wakes up and sees Alex and Nat.

Alex: Surgery went great. She is still asleep but will be in little bit of pain when she wakes up. She is not allowed to do anything that includes lifting or anything heavy. Bed rest for 2 days then she can slowly start to move around. Wanda, you can go in if you want.

Wanda: Ok. Thanks Alex

Alex drops Nat on the couch and goes and hugs Wanda before Wanda goes and sees you. Wanda walks off laughing at Nat then walks into your room and sits in the chair next to you and waits for you to wake up. After 25 minutes, she notices you start to wake up, so she calls for Alex. Alex and Nat come in and you have a huge smile on your face and tears in your eyes, Alex calls over Kara as well.

Alex: How you feeling?

Y/N: Ok. A tiny bit of pain but that expected. Joyful now

Wanda: What's up bubs?

Y/N: Mom got the best surprise in the world and I, no offence Bruce, couldn't have a better surgeon working on me. I had a feeling that Bruce was going to call Alex for this and then also know that Kara would be with.

Bruce: None taken. Knew they needed to know but Alex is the best and I needed her for it.

Y/N: Thank you Bruce. Alex, I know that I'm on best rest for 2-3 days then I can start to move but can I do that in my room please? I know that we need to catch up on things, but I think that mom and Alex have some things that they need to catch up on *winks at Alex*. Kara, if Alex let's me do my bed rest in my room, movie day with us?

Alex: That is fine with me. I will check on you later. Like you said, Nat and I have somethings to do. *Winks at you*

Nat drags Alex to her room. As they run out, the rest of you laugh at that. Kara picks you up gently and takes you to your room and places you on the bed. Wanda grabs the remote and they both lay down next to you on the bed. 

 After about 30 minutes, you start to fall asleep, and Kara taps Wanda and points down at you. They both smile at you and just let you sleep. Around 6 pm, Alex knocks on the door and Wanda lets her in.

Alex: How she doing? Any pain?

Wanda: Around 2:20 pm she fell asleep. Don't have the heart to wake her up yet but I know dinner is almost ready. So, I need to.

Wanda gently kisses your forehead and rubs your back to help wake you up. Five minutes later, you wake up and sit up. You see Alex and smile from ear to ear. Wanda sees you and giggles.

Alex: How you feeling? Any pain?

Y/N: Pain is like a 2 so barely anything. I feel ok to eat something small for right now. Can I ask a question though?

Alex: That's good on the pain level. What's your question?

Y/N: (1) Did you and mom have a good time this afternoon and (2) were you already in town before Bruce called you? Mom doesn't go out anywhere for a long period of time without letting me know. Saturday, she left early and didn't tell anyone anything. I still worry about her, Alex.

Alex: That's two questions, but to answer them yes, we had an amazing time catching up and being in each other's arms again. And yes, I was in town already, we had breakfast and talked. I come to town more lately to see her and ask about you two.

Y/N: Why didn't you tell me? You know your family

Alex: Because Nat said you had enough going on and been through enough. I was planning on coming in on Monday, but I guess I was needed sooner. I'm sorry. I should have told you.

Y/N: It's ok. *Hugs Alex*

Alex: Oh, and can I talk to you later possibly? Like outside of the compound?

Wanda: Come by the cabin tonight. I will make sure that it's just us

Alex: Thank you

Wanda: Welcome

Kara: Let's go downstairs for food. Alex, is Y/N allowed to come down for dinner?

Alex: Yes if either Wanda or you carry her downstairs. She is not allowed to truly walk without any help for another day.

Wanda: Ok, I will grab her then and bring her down.