✾Seventy✾

(Takemichi's P. O. V.)

Just now, Hiroki-kun's expression changed a bit. "Enough about me," he smiled. "Tell me about you, Takemichi-kun. How have you been?" he asks. "I'm alright, things are normal like always," I chuckled. Hopefully, he bought the act. "Same here," he chuckles. Then, a phone ringtone suddenly chimed, it was Hiroki-kun's.

"Let me take this for a moment," he said, then stood up from his seat. "Sure, take your time," I replied as Hiroki-kun began walking away to answer his call. I took a deep sip on my cup of beer to feel refreshed one more time. The ice cubes always make the beer better. I was about to drift off from another deep thought while Hiroki-kun was away, but the news on the TV got my attention.

"This year 2018, one of the most famous family clans in all of Japan has finally announced their next heir!" the lady on the TV announced. "The Hiroki clan of Japan has now publicly announced of their one and only daughter, Cassandra Hiroki to be the next heir to take over the family name!" The screen instantly switched into a video footage of a white-haired woman with red eyes, together with a blonde-haired man with violet eyes, and in the middle, stood a little girl with white hair and violet eyes.

Hold on, isn't that Hiroki-kun's mother? His mother was Akari Hiroki, and that's exactly the same woman on the TV. But who's that little girl?
I've never seen her before nor heard of her. But if she's the new heir, then that makes her as Hiroki-kun's little sis-

"Sorry if I made you wait," Hiroki-kun suddenly came back as he scratched the back of his neck before sitting back on his seat in front of me. "Something the matter?" he asks. "Ne, Hiroki-kun..." I pointed towards the TV that's placed above the counter. "That girl... She's your sister, right?" I ask, kinda shock since this is my first time hearing about this. He quirked a brow at me, then looked over at the TV screen.

"Ah," that's the first reaction he did. "Yeah, Cassandra is technically my half-sister," his smile was faint while averting his gaze at me. "That's surprising," I started to make the tension a bit less heavy. "I didn't know you had a little sister," I said. "Yeah, it goes for Cassandra too," he said quietly. "Eh?" what does he mean by that?

"I left my family by the time I turned 18 and became dependent on my own." He stated, "Cassandra was already born at that time, and she was still a baby." Hiroki-kun smiled earnestly this time. He probably loves his little sister so much. "You two must be very close then, huh," I smiled. Then out of nowhere is expression turned cold again.

This future self of Hiroki-kun is more complicated than his younger self. "She obviously doesn't remember my face," he said before pouring in some beer inside his cup. "Why?" I ask. "I didn't come back once I left my family," he said softly before taking a sip on his cup. "So... You haven't visited your parents nor your sister since then?" What's exactly going on with Hiroki-kun? I thought his future was fine since he's alive and is doing well with the Hanmas.

He shook his head, "It's better this way," he muttered. "But... Why? Don't you want to see her face at least once?" I question. He went silent for a moment before answering. "Her face..." he muttered.

"Seeing her face just annoys me," he scoffed. His red eyes turned darker than before. No way, is this really the Hiroki-kun I know?
The Hiroki-kun from 12 years ago always cares for his friends, especially the Hanmas. They were important to him, he kept talking about them and treated them like family. Why? Why is the Hiroki-kun I'm looking at now is... Different?