1

I went home as strongly suggested by Jane .

I pulled into my garage and Beth comes outside to greet me

Yilena Jane called me. Come here babe .
I closed the garage and just cried in Beth's arms.

Yilena you don't have to talk about it. Let me get you warmed up and out of this wet coat.
Thanks sweetie.

Andrew this is my partner, Detective Upton. Hailey this is Andrew Wright. He still runs for the cross country team at the university and is the boyfriend of one of the deceased.
Charles let me and Jane take care of this. Avery. Charles you asked for us to help. Let us help. Go to your office or go to his parents home and update them. Andrew you going to be okay? Yeah uncle. Avery Jane call me.
Charles may I talk to you alone while Frost speaks with your nephew? Yes. Let's go in my office.

We walk to his office. Detective Upton please have a seat. Thank you. I understand he witnessed who did this? Yes. Does the person or people see him? Yes. This is why he came directly here instead of home. I will send patrol units to his home up keep your family safe. It is better he stay in a safe house and not with family.

Jane comes in.
Hailey he can use my cabin it's available. Charles your nephew and his family will be safe there. Maur and I will go with you all so people will think it's just us there. I need you to stay here like nothing happened. Mr. Wright I agree with Jane. Jane being an ex cop and her and Dr.. Isles are concealed carriers and if they need medical attention that is not serious Dr.Isles can be there and help. I will have a unit to get your sister in law and brother there safely. Are there any others living at home or elsewhere? No he is their only child. We will send another officer to help as well. Thank you Jane. Charles you won't be able to have any contact with them or us so we can them safe. I understand. Please call your brother so they can pack up. We will have them fly out of Sacramento on private plane just in case they are being watched. We will also have officers watching your immediate family. Okay.

Andrew what did you see? Marie's ex boyfriend wanted her back. He was bad news. She didn't want anything to do with him. I was going to go pick up Marie when I saw he had already burned the teammate and than he threw gasoline on her. I couldn't put it out. He took off. I called 911 immediately anonymously and drove here immediately. We will impound your car for safe keeping. What is the ex boyfriends name? William Smith. He goes to the school too. Okay. Anything else? Yes, the other girls name Is Samantha Reece. She was their guard. Okay thank you..
I put a Bola out on William Smith. Jane returns with Upton and tells us the plan.
Yilena just fell asleep in my arms. I was notified by the school the names of the deceased. Marie Charles was a student of mine and was to graduate this year. Her teammate Samantha Reece were best friends on and off the court. My heart ached for the girls and their loved ones.
I began to cry a little and Yilena woke up.

Sweetie what's wrong? The two girls found on campus. One was my student and the other were her best friend off and on the court. Oh sweetie, I am so sorry.
We both hugged and cried. .

We decided to work out in the gym than take a nice hot shower to relax our muscles and get cleaned up

We decided to work out in the gym than take a nice hot shower to relax our muscles and get cleaned up. Yilena's cell rings.
Salas here. Sheriff this is Frost. We have a Bola out on the suspect. He is the ex boyfriend of Marie Charles. Jane and Dr..Isles are taking the sole witness to her cabin. The uncle will be provided protection for him and his family. Another officer will be up there in the cabin in one of the vehicles we impounded. The family knows no contact is to be made. Frost who is the killer, William Smith who happens to be Beth's teachers assistant. I am suggesting she not go to work until we catch him nor meet with him. Okay thank you.

Beth I need you not to go to work nor meet with your teacher's assistant. Why?He is the alleged killer. What. Oh this only gets worse.
We go to the living room. Beth's cell rings.
Yilena can you get my cell. Sure. Hello this is Yilena. Please hold. Okay. Who is it? I didn't ask. This is Dr. Jones. Dr. Jones this is William. I won't be in for the rest of the week. I got the flu really bad. It's hard to speak as it is. William would you like me to order you some soup to be delivered? No it's okay. Will you be staying at your place so I can check in on you tomorrow? No. I am not in town. I am at a friend's place on Tahoe. I got sick while skiing. Okay take care.
I hung up.

Yilena that was William. He called up inform me he got sick with the flu when he went skiing in Tahoe. He is in Tahoe. Thank you. You offered to get him soup good thinking. Yes but I don't know where in Tahoe. Please give me your cell.
I called Jane immediately and told her he was in Tahoe so be careful. She wasn't picking up so I tried Maura. The same thing.
I called my office and told Nina to find out the location of the call on Beth's phone and get back with me. I called Frost to update him and that I would call Frankie but couldn't reach Jane or Maura.

Frankie this is Yilena. William called Beth to tell her he has the flu real bad and difficult for him to talk . He supposedly got it while skiing on Tahoe. I am having Nina to try to trace it. Also I couldn't reach Dr..Isles nor Jane. They must be in a dead zone. Are you able to contact your officer? Hold on .
I waited to see if Frankie had any luck. No luck.
Frankie is sending Antonio and Atwater and I am sending Frost and Upton to Tahoe. Frankie called Tahoe pd to inform them of the situation.
My cell rings again.
Salas here. Sheriff this is detective Holiday. I could only get an approximate area in Tahoe. Is it anywhere near Jane's cabin? No it's on the total opposite. Okay. I want you to keep trying to contact Jane and Dr. Isles and tell them William Smith is in Tahoe so be aware. I left a message. Frankie couldn't get his officer either. Will do Sheriff.