Take my breath away pt2

"Wakey wakey," a booming voice yelled.

You jolted awake at the sound and looked increasingly alarmed as you realized you were tied up to a cold metal table. You saw the others around you, but they were tied or restrained heavily to not allow them to escape. 

"Since you guys were so eager to get in here, you might as well join in on the fun," the same voice said.

You were pissed that you couldn't see who had captured you guys, that they were using a mic and speaker to talk to you guys. The feeling of anxiousness, fear, anger and frustration were mixing together in your mind and you weren't paying attention to anything. You were back to the fake apartment, the king smiling face of your mother and the voices from when they thought you were asleep but could hear them. 

Jason was pissed that this mission derailed, but he also noticed the distracted look on Y/n quickly and realized something was wrong. He didn't have a complete record of your history because it didn't exist, but he knew when someone was having a PTSD episode. 

"Y/n. Y/n. Y/n! Star can you get out of the restraints?"

Starfire nodded and set to work flexing her metal bonds until they looked like licorice and Roy kept an ear out for their capturers and what they were saying. Jason didn't play into the villain-bad-guy-speech that wasted time, but gave them the opportunity to escape. Jason was worried because Y/n hadn't reacted at all to anything even though they looked like they were awake.

"Y/n, wake up!"

"Jason, they're trying to enhance meta kids so they can have illegal ring matches to entertain rich customers," Roy said after their capturer finally shut up.

"We'll destroy this place then give the Justice League a ring to deal with the children, no way am I dealing with meta powered tantrums," Jason decided.

Starfire finally got out of her restraints and brutally ripped off the inhibitor collar on her wrist. 

Roy gasped, "Star, that was a bit too close to self-harm."

Starfire smiled, "I have a feeling that we need to get out of here quick, Y/n doesn't look so good."

With a few energy bolts, they all were free and they all turned to look at Y/n, who still had a blank look on their face. Jason reached out to the mechanism to open the restraints, but you didn't move. 

"Jason, what are you going to do?" Roy asked.

Jason took out a pellet from his belt and moved to drop it in Y/n's mouth, "I'll put them to sleep so they at least don't lose control."

Jason's voice registered to you and you tried forcing your mind back to the present by focusing on the sound of Jason's voice.

"I'm fine," you said a few seconds later before they could give you the medicine. 

Jason stared at you to see if you were really okay and you rolled your eyes at him, which was a very positive sign.

"Let's just finish this."

After you guys escaped, it didn't take long to resolve the situation and call for clean up and for the League to deal with the children. You rode back to Gotham with Jason on his bike, but he stopped just short of the Outsider's base and turned off his bike.

"Jason?"

He took off his helmet and you saw that he wasn't wearing a mask underneath it at this moment and met with worried blueish green eyes. 

"What happened there Y/n?"

You saw the worry in his eyes, and heard the careful tone he used to ask you. He wasn't demanding for an explanation, just wanted to know what had upset you. It had been a long time since you had seen someone worry about you, and it was fake, so it was hard for you to trust easily. But Jason had a feeling to him that made you consider what harm there was in sharing with one person who seemed more messed up than you.

So you told him. He sat quietly and listened to your story, to what led you to being who you were today.

"So that's why I specialize in finding missing teens or children to prevent any scientists severely messing with anyone like that again. Even if they aren't suspected to be metas, children are innocent and need protecting."

Jason nodded, but didn't make any comments.

"Would you agree to being a member of the Outsiders, at least on a reserve or semi-permanent level? I understand you aren't concerned with bigger things, but often times these organizations are being funded and lead by the big villains. And we could really use your help on bigger missions that require someone who can fly since....Starfire says I'm heavy and she hates lugging me around during a fight."

You looked at Jason, then at the size of him and chuckled at the thought of Starfire carrying both Roy and Jason. You shook your head, "I agree that isn't very conductive when there's a fight, she needs at least one hand free. Beside I don't need to carry you to make you fly."

Jason put his helmet back on, yet you still remember his vivid eyes and wonder if you'll get more chances in the future to see them. You would just have to hang out at the bas often as an excuse to see him. Jason drove straight to the base and you went your separate ways. As a joke before you left, you put Jason in a small tornado and spun him up and down for a couple seconds like a demented Merry-go-'round.

"Y/n!"

"Don't worry, I'll treat you gentler next time," you called back as you walked away dropping Jason on his butt.

Jason rubbed his sore butt and watched Y/n walk off and wondered how he could get back at Y/n, for the prank and their flirting.