Don't kill them Damian

It was a regular day for the Waynes. Everyone doing what they usually did during the week and for Damian, that was school. Six hours spent in a building surrounded by people with inadequate intelligence. At least he had Jon to talk to during lunch and the few classes they had together. It was a miserable experience going to school, but an improvement could be seen in his tolerance of people. He still had the occasional flare-up of wanting to utterly crush someone for any insult against him, but that was natural to him. He had worse control when it came to being even five meters within Tim's presence.

"We have Mr. Davis' project due tomorrow, don't we?" Jon asked as they were finally let out of school for the day.

"Glad you kept one thing straight today," Damian replied.

"Hey, I forgot about one test and only asked you to help me because mom would ground me if I didn't pass."

"And that was my problem how?"

Jon didn't get the chance to answer since he caught sight of his dad and left quickly to keep Clark from waiting.

"See you tomorrow Damian!"

Damian didn't give Jon a reply but felt a growing suspicion at the fact that Alfred wasn't waiting to pick him up. He was almost always there before the bell rang or a few minutes after. It had been ten minutes and Alfred still wasn't there. Debating with himself whether he should walk home or wait at school, Damian barely noticed the sweet smell in the air. 

He tried dodging, but the person behind him moved fast enough to cover his face with the drugged cloth. Damian held his breath, but let himself go limp to fool his captures into thinking he was out. The cloth was removed and Damian took an imperceptible deep breath to refill his lungs with oxygen. He felt himself be picked up and moved around two meters to the curb to what must be an awaiting vehicle. 

"This was easier than they said it would be, he didn't even put up a fight," someone mentioned. 

"He is just a ten-year-old," the man holding Damian said.

"Let's get him to the boss, boys, and then we can get our reward," chuckled a third voice. 

Damian stayed still as they drove in the direction of Gotham docks. He scoffed internally over the fact they had only tied him with rope and gagged him. Like that would hold him if he really wanted to get out. But, unless he had permission to act from his father, Damian had to act like a defenseless rich boy. Damian's attention sharpened when they came to a stop and he was thrown over someone's shoulders. They got out and barely missed hitting Damian's head on the way out.

"Watch it Otis, You almost took his head off," yelled Kidnapper three.

"Sorry," snapped Kidnapper two.

Damian could see the change in lighting behind his closed eyes, so they must be inside one of the warehouses by the dock. 

"Ah, you brought our little guest."

Damian knew the voice that just spoke, and fought hard not to glare. 

"Riddle me this. How much green can be seen if you take away one little green bean?"

"Uhh..." 

Damian roled his eyes at the stupid riddle that no one would get if it was out of context.

"Depends on how much you ransom the little bean for," the Riddler laughed.

"He should be waking up soon," Kidnapper two said.

Damian played along, acting disoriented when he finally opened his eyes and groaned. He saw that Kidnapper two still had him over his shoulder and wished he would put him down so he could get a better view. Suddenly, he heard sirens outside the warehouse, and knew that his father had tracked him.

"Time to start this show."

Damian watched from upside down their trek up the stairs to the roof to look down upon the perimeter set up by GCPD. Damian was set down and grabbed by Riddler who kept Damian at gun point. Damian finally saw his father by Comissioner Gordon standing with a worried look. Damian evaluated his surroundings as he worked on untying his bonds.

"Riddler, let Damian go and we can end this peacefully," Gordon said through a megaphone.

"You can have the boy, but only if I'm paid 5 million first!"

"Where would we get that type of money?" 

"From Papa Wayne standing right there."

Gordon turned to speak with Damian's father for a bit, then handed the megaphone to him. Damian ttsked silently at the thought of his father acting out a sob story to try and get him back.

"Please don't kill him."

"That depends if you deliver my money."

"I wasn't talking to you," his father said as he stared staright into Damian's eyes.

Damian had had just about enough of this debacle and Bruce could see that. Damian was one wrong word or move away from killing Riddler. Bruce's expert eyes could tell Damian had untied himself and was only still held hostage because he wasn't given permission to act. Bruce kept Riddler attention diverted as he signalled Damian to only use non-lethal hits and basic self defense moves to escape.

"Gordon," Bruce whispered to get his attention.

Gordon looked at him in suspicion at his even tone despite him sounding worried as he talked with Riddler.

"Can you get a life net underneath where Damian is being held?"

Gordon knew at this point, with handling multiple Wayne kidnappings that if they said they needed something, it was best to do it. Damian smirked behind his gag as his father tried to keep their civilian secret so far as to pretend Damian couldn't jump down from this height without injury. 

"I won't be kept waiting!" Riddler shouted right into Damian's ear.

That was the final straw to Damian's temper. He enjoyed crushing the Riddler's toes with his heel before elbowing him perfectly in the sternum. Damian broke a few bones before he casually dropped from the roof onto the net the firefighters were holding up. He was rushed away from the scene as the police caught and arrested Riddler and his goons.

"You probably fractured his sternum," Bruce scowled when he and Damian were alone.

"He tried to deafen me, he deserved it."

"Let's get you home. Dick was sounding a bit too trigger happy at the news you were kidnapped."

"I can take care of myself," Damian scowled.

"But you can't act to your full capabilities in civilian form, can you?"

"And Dick can?"

"He's a police officer, he's expected to be able to fight."

"And I'm not?"

"Not past self-defense."

"Is that your excuse for all the times my brothers escaped on their own?"

"That and a lot of luck."