Batman and Batwoman...Together???

The newest sensation among Gotham happened to be a new vigilante seen the night before. According to witness reports it was a woman with flowing red curls in a suit exactly like Batman's. Except her symbol was red like her hair, her lips, boots and gloves.

Not only was it shocking for civilians, but for the hero community as well. Most people who knew Bruce personally were happy he found someone, but wondered why he kept so quiet about her. He even appeared to act like the same playboy billionaire on TV. Everyone was curious about when they would get to meet the newest Bat. Bruce on the other hand was running out of valid excuses not to bring Kate up to the Watchtower.

"Bruce, I've been invited to join the Justice League, I have to meet them before I can though."

Kate was sitting at the Batcomputer with her legs kicked up. Bruce hated when she did that and Kate knew it.

"Since you won't yake no for an answer, I'll take you now," Bruce conceded.

Kate's red lips smirked as she smoothly stood up from her seat already in her suit. Bruce sighed for the millionth time but put in the coordinates for the Watchtower in the zeta tube.

"Batman 02, Batwoman 37."

Clark looked up from the monitor he was working on at the announcement from the zeta system. He saw Bruce enter with the famous Batwoman who kept her mask on like Bruce did. Clark guessed she wasn't ready to reveal her identity yet.

"Hello Bruce, welcome to the Wtachtower Batwoman."

Kate analyzed Clark and he felt a sense of deja vu when she did. He'd received the same look from every Batfamily member, including a young Dick as Robin.

"Nice to meet you Supes," she said as she gave him a firm handshake.

Diana happened to walk into the main room at that moment. Kate's eyes brightened up and she went to introduce herself to Wonder Woman. Clark and Bruce continued to talk about work matters while they watched Diana and Kate interact. Clark winced when he realized that Bruce's current and ex-girlfriend were in a room together. But as far as he could tell since he didn't easedrop on their conversation, they were getting along.

"I was afraid of this happening,"

Clark glanced at Bruce after he said that and he agreed. They both could make up enough blackmail material to control him combined.

"I agree."

Soon Batwoman became a frequent visitor to the Watchtower. People got to know her, and they always asked themselves; How were they together?

Batwoman was unreserved and laughed often, while Batman barely pulled off anything other than a frown. Batwoman had a very flirty personality in the opinion of the female members and a strong personality in the eyes of the male members. It confused everyone in the Justice League and even beyond.

Younger heroes who knew the Batboys/girls always asked about Batwoman and Batman's relationship. Dick shrugged, Jason's smirked, Tim and Stephanie just laughed, Cass smiled in answer, and Damian always wore a disgusted face. Babs had to switch the conversation about it for months until people got the hint that no one associated with Batman and Batwoman would talk about it.

One mission Batwoman ended up with a dislocated shoulder and set it back by herself. Barry watched in awe and confusion when Batman didn't even glance at her. He walked up to Batman and asked how he could be so calm.

"Man, Batwoman just set her shoulder back and uou don't even flinch."

Bruce didn't even look up from his mini-computer, "So?"

"So? You're not worried about her?"

"She can handle herself and if she felt she didn't require help then I trust her."

"I don't know how you let her face all these dangerous missions without blinking an eyelash."

Bruce paused and looked up at Barry when he said his next words.

"How do I let her do what she does? I, nor any of us, let our female colleagues do anything. She is an adult woman and can make her own choices. Do you let Iris do anything?"

Barry winced, "Good point."

Everyone's confusion about Batman's and Batwoman's relationship continued to simmer until one event.

Clark wasn't snooping, but he found out that Bruce was seeing Selina Kyle on and off again. He didn't believe it until Bruce mentioned it in one of their conversations. Clark had had enough and he was raised by Ma Kent to treat women better than that.

"Bruce I can't agree with you're actions right now."

Bruce was confused about Clark's sudden change in mood.

"We've been over me dating Selina before, why are uou being so fussy about it now?"

Clark scratched his head and flung his arms out in frustration, "Maybe be because you're in a relationship right now."

"With who?"

"You can't be serious?" Clark asked in disbelief. He couldn't believe that Bruce had already messed another relationship.

"With Batwoman!"

Bruce froze and slowly turned his head so he was facing Clark fully. For those who knew Bruce, the face he was making was his surprised face equivalent to him dropping his jaw. He put the clues together over past behaviours of his colleagues and stuff Kate had mentioned.

In this moment of silence Kate, Barry, and Diana walked into the side hall they were talking in. They saw either the tension in Clark's body or the surprise in Bruce's but they walked over to intercede.

"What's going on?" Kate asked.

"Everyone thinks we're together," Bruce said it the most monotone voice possible.

Kate's eyes widened comically and looked at the three others in shock.

"What? No! Why would they think that?"

Bruce sighed, as it was their friends turn to look confused.

"Maybe because you took after my name and we're close."

Kate growled, "Cause we're cousins!"

"You're cousins!" Barry asked shocked.

Kate face palmed, "No wonder no one took my flirting seriously."

"Wait you were serious when flirting?" it was Diana's turn to ask.

"One of the many reasons other than being biologically related that we wouldn't date is that Kate is a lesbian."

"Urg, I've known you since you were eating snails in the yard."

"The sentiment is mutual."

Clark looked lost, but without their misconception blinding them they could view Bruce and Kate's relationship objectively.

"I'd appreciate if any rumours of our relationship is cleared up after this," Bruce said.

"Like Barry could keep it a secret."