Batfam x Reader

You were young, like all of Batman's other partners when you started training under Bruce and Damian, who was in his late teens. You were a talented 12 year old from the streets of Gotham and Bruce thought he could harness your skills for good. You were like a fish to water under his guidance and strived to be as good as your predecessors to be a good Batgirl. People liked you because you looked like a cute 12 year old, but you were a stoic person in reality. You were doing maintenance on your gadgets when Tim and Cass came into the cave as a last minute visit from Hong Kong. 

"Hey Bruce, how's Gotham been?"

"The usual. Harley's making a fuss trying to get Joker out of Arkham," Bruce grunted from his seat at the Batcomputer.

"No leads?" Cass asked.

"No, but I have a hunch she's planning it for tonight. Y/n, you're not going on patrol tonight."

Damian walked in as he said that, and rolled his eyes heavily.

"Stop coddling her father and let her face the likes of Quinn at least, she's been on the job long enough to handle it."

Tim and Cass agreed that you should get the chance to face Harley and Joker even, so you could know what to expect from them. Bruce didn't like it, but relented on the condition that you stayed with someone all night. That didn't bother you since everyone seemed to get along with you and you were a good partner to have on patrol. You weren't as talkative as Dick, but not as broody as Jason or Damian. You rarely got to observe how Cass worked, so you tagged along with her for patrol and she didn't seem to mind. 

"Orphan, I need you and Batgirl at Arkham."

There was no hesitation between the two of you to swing around the other way and help Bruce with whatever he needed. He was right about Harley and Joker making a break for it, but he held them there long enough for back up to get there. 

"Why do you keep me and my pudding apart Batsy! A gals' gotta have some fun!"

You forced yourself to stay calm and defeat Harley as Cass and Bruce dealt with Joker. You knocked her out cold just as Joker brought out a gun with Joker venom in it. 

"One more step forward and we see how loud the little girly can laugh," he snarled as he pointed the gun at you.

Bruce and Cass froze, but Joker had never met you or even fought you before, so he couldn't expect what you did next. You rushed him and got within a meter of him in seconds that he couldn't react in time to block your batarang in his chest. You felt no remorse or satisfaction as you stabbed his heart. Joker died with a shocked look on his face and blood dribbling down his chin.

"Pudding!" Harley sobbed.

You removed your blade and cleaned it off on Joker's suit as Cass stared at you in shock. Bruce marched right up to you and grabbed your arm that had killed Joker. 

"Why? My biggest rule is no killing and you just broke that."

You should have been scared of a mad Bruce growling in your face, but you didn't care.

"He had to die. He couldn't and wouldn't stop hurting people despite being locked up a million times. Why keep a threat alive when he's no longer a problem dead?"

Bruce let you arm go in shock, like he didn't know the kid standing in front of him. 

"Would you do it again if you felt you could neutralize a threat by killing them?"

"Yes, because it's only logical," was your immediate answer.

Cass finished handing Harley to the police and looked furious at your remark. She regretted the fact that she's killed before and you would do it again so easily.