Dick Grayson x little sister reader [pt3]

Another great request by InsufficientIvy where the reader is 14 years old now. Let's keep this chaotic y/n alive shall we >♡<

~~~~~~~

To the best of your knowledge, your oldest brother was the smily-est person you knew. And that said something. Okay, maybe Steph was also a bubbly person, but she could never give you the same sense of comfort.

So how was it that your sunshine of a brother was moody?

That began a few hours ago when the whole family was in the cave before patrol. This included you since you were now mentally mature enough to at least enter the cave. You so didn't break something the first time you were there. Tim did. And you were sticking to that story if anyone interrogated you about it.

"Who's watching the squirter today?" Jason asked.

Alfred was taking his weekly night off so someone had to stay home with you. (You were a teenager in high school, you didn't need a babysitter. You could be babysitting someone if you didn't already know that wouldn't end well.) It was one of Bruce's stupid rules about having enough protection from enemies since you were a (semi)civilian. But you knew self-defense and where all the hide-y spots were.

But nooo, Y/n couldn't handle one night alone.

"I'm still feeling an ache in my elbow so I'll stay behind," Dick offered.

"Cool, movie marathon!"

You ran upstairs not caring about the rest of the family. You needed to make popcorn to watch some good fantasy films with Dick. Your marathon genre depended on which brother (or occasional sister) was watching with you. Dick likes fantasy, Tim dramas, Jason anything based off literature, and Damian liked art films.

You actually preferred (whatever genre floats your boat) but could watch something different with your siblings. Dick soon joined you to watch a cartoon movie on a magical circus. You thought he would like something familiar and you knew it was a wholesome movie.

"Why is he not chalking his hands first before mounting?"

"Where's the creativity from a simple somersault?"

"That is not the proper name for that move."

You knew the hazard of watching something that one of the boys specialized in. But tonight you wanted to see your sunshine have his parade rained on. (That sounded so much better in your head.) "You know it's all fiction, right?"

"Still."

"Then why don't we switch genres for the next movie?" you asked innocently.

Dick shrugged, and with a faint smile said, "Sure."

You grinned. Phase 1 Complete. Phase 2 commencing.

You switched through different movies acting like you were finding a completely random movie. You stopped naturally on a sci-fi horror film holding back a smile.

"My friends at school told me this movie is scary, but good. I don't want to watch it alone, so this is perfect."

Dick shook his head and let the movie pass this time since Alfred wasn't here. You kept eating popcorn silently while half paying attention. You were more interested in Dick's reactions. You knew this movie was very badly made and had no basic common sense written in the plot.

"Oh, it's the alien! It looks so..."

"Inaccurate. Of all the known species introduced to us by the Oa index, none of them are like that," Dick answered.

His eyebrows started flowing as he stared at the screen. You were mentally grinning as this went on. Finally, the climax began and you watched as the "alien" killed the main love interest.

"It's weakness-is" the pretty brunette spat out  blood mid sentence, "is-salt!"

"Salt!" Dick was annoyed how stupid and cliche this movie was.

You shrugged, "nest time I won't believe my friends' suggestions."

"How about a different movie?" Dick asked.

Phase 2 Complete. Finale phase beginning.

You again chose the movie since Dick always did what you wanted to do. You felt a little bad about tricking him, but you wanted to see him loose his cool. You felt like he often hid his real feelings too much around you, even when you were a child. He only ever smiled and cared for you. Maybe you could ask the others for stories, but uou really wanted to see it yourself.

"Okay, the last movie for tonight is, drumroll please!"

Dick laughed, "Just choose."

You fake pouted, "Fine."

This time it was a rom-com that you knew from reviews seemed alright. But when you analyzed it better, so many toxic issues came out. This was basically the romanticized version of an abusive relationship. Dick was sensitive to these issues and so was Jason. Just Jason wouldn't calmly sit down to watch the movie with a small frown like Dick. He would full on pause the movie to rant how toxic the movie was.

"Don't go back to him! He's lying!" Dick yelled, enraged.

Your plan and the movie worked a little too well. Dick was now so mad about it, he didn't have a hint of a smile on his face or in his eyes. You backed up and went to you room with an excuse that you were tired and wanted rest.

Dick didn't even acknowledge you as you left and you breathed of fresh air.

"Next time I won't make him angry on purpose. He looked at that male lead like he was an insect. He's quiet...but scary."

And that's how you managed to get Dick grumpy in one night

Did you do this your other brothers?

No, but only time can tell.