Bruce Wayne x reader

It was a quiet night for you with no galas, Wayne Enterprise work or family drama to handle. You loved the life you lived since it was right by your husband Bruce Wayne's side, but it got crazy sometimes. You could still remember the time when you weren't Mrs. Wayne and never wanted to go back to it. You had made a living by being a mechanic by day and custom weapons dealer by night. This led to an interesting set of clients since you worked in Gotham but you never got in trouble with the law because of it. Until the night Batman walked into your workshop and asked for you to fix his grappling hook right then and there. Since then you had seen him about once a week to talk business and slowly he fell for you. You obviously felt the same since you guys went on five dates within a month. Bruce took his time in courting you as Alfred liked to call it, but he never had to question if you were trustworthy or worth it. It was after the third time that he came to see you that you told the life changing decision you had made.

"I don't know if you're looking for one, but I can become your exclusize weapon and gadget person. Even if you only come for repairs, I'm not selling to the rogues anymore. That cane Penguin used to hurt you last week was made by me and I can't take the guilt if one of my weapons kill you. The city needs you Batman."

He had begun going to you just so you had work and some form of extra income, but he always went for more. The rest is history and you met the rest of the gang minus Damian a few months after you started dating. Dick and Tim took it pretty well but Jason didn't seem to care at all. They all thought it would be temporary and didn't bother to get too close, until Bruce and you had proved them wrong.

"Y/n, the Batwing's been acting up lately and Alfred has no idea what's causing it," Bruce casually said over his morning mug of coffee.

You pulled up the current shematiks for the Batwing on your tablet and found the problem in a few seconds. You pulled up a diagnostic scan of the jet from your special drone and it confirmed your hunch.

"The one gear in the engine is slightly too small and it's too weak to hold the strain for long. Change it with one two sizes up and it should be fine," you hummed and showed Bruce and Alfred.

The boys were shocked for two reasons; one, you knew about the Batman secret and two, you were the tech wizard who made all of Bruce's new tools recently.

"Wait, Y/n is Digit and she knows?" Tim asked incredelously, but then he wasn't on his second cup of coffee.

"Y/n can you add that saw attachment that you did for Bruce's guantlet to mine? It would get me out of sticky situation so much faster than picking locks," Dick begged.

"She made the new bike?" Jason exclaimed.

Bruce and you looked amused and slightly miffed that your relationship hadn't been so clear to them before. While you weren't a vigilante like the rest of the family, you gave them the tools they used to get their jobs done. Roy even began meeting up with you for new ideas for arrows that he could use. So, when you got a rare evening off, you liked to relax and catch up with any hobbies you missed for a while. That's how Bruce found you curled up in bed lightly drawing designs for tools up.

"Hello dear," you said as he walked in.

"Y/n what are you doing up this late?"

You didn't know what he meant until you checked the clock and realized you had spent five hours in your own company. Bruce had gotten back from patrol and was already in his pjs. You pulled the covers back on your shared bed and patten his side to tell him to join you. He didn't even think about it and welcomed the hug you gave him after the long day he'd had. 

"You want to talk about why you haven't been sleeping well lately?" you whispered in the silence.

Bruce turned his head to look at your face which was calm and open to hear whatever he had to say. He sighed and tensed at the thought of the recurring nightmare he'd been having.

"It's always me being too late to save you. First, it's Alfred, then the boys and finally...you die."

Your heart broke at the emotionless voice he used to describe his nightmare. You knew it was something he always had on his mind even before he'd married you. Since Jason's death, Bruce realized he couldn't loose anyone else, but then Damian died too. He thought that would be the end of it but then Dick faked his death and Tim went missing as well. Bruce kept on blaming himself, even though he knew Dick had been alive, but no one else did. It scared him to think that he had the lives of all of you on his shoulders and that he would fail you guys some way.

"Bruce, what did I tell when we first started dating?"

That earned a chuckle out of him and even you smiled at the bold words you'd told him before you got to know him so well.

"I know what I'm getting into and just so you know, I put you under my list of people to get my life insurance money, were the words you'd said am I correct?"

You paused then nodded like it just came to mind and Bruce pinched your side lightly causing you to laugh.

"I love you Bruce, and I trust you to protect me and the boys trust your leadership. You never do anything if it isn't for our well being or the greater good. Besides, you married me didn't you," you declared.

He chuckled finally relaxing and as the wife of the brooding Dark Knight and former-playboy billionare Bruce Wayne, you were satisfied.

"Come on, you need your beauty sleep or else Damian might think he has another pet," you teased. 

"Oh, you did not just-"

He didn't finish his sentence because he pounced on you to tickle your sides in revenge. 

You tried to stay quiet as you shreaked, "Stop! Bruce-your fingers-are-cold."

"Revenge is best served cold."

Honestly, you deserved it, so you enjoyed this rare moment of peace with Bruce that you guys would remember when times got stressful or difficult. That's what you guys were there for, to stand beside each other through anything. And you ment anything, even an Alfred strike.

Especially if Alfred did strike.