Jason Todd x reader

This one shot is an AU where the Batfam are nobles and the reader is one too. I imagine it set in the renaissance because the era will provide the best background for the story.

Y/n= your name   e/c= eye colour  s/n= sister's name   l/n= last name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You groaned for the millionth time when your carriage carrying you and your sister to the ball arrived. Your sister had her gold fan already covering her blushing face since she was nervous for her debut. She had turned 18 last week and this was the most important soiree of the season because the ball was held by the Wayne ducal house. Their power was second only to the royals, but they had much more influence over the people than the royals did. You came from a Marquis household with a long line of lineage and the history of being important military advisors for the country. It was al a game though coming to the ball, to gain power or to weaken other's standings in the eyes of society. The Wayne's had decided to hold a masquerade ball to spice up the season and challenge their guests to embody themselves in their masks.

"Just keep your chin up and you'll do fine," you reassured her as you stepped out of the carriage.

Your parents were waiting for you guys, and they didn't even bother to tell you to behave. You were 25, a spinster by society's standard, and we're coming to the ball only as moral support for your sister. She was highly anticipated in society from the rumours of her gentle disposition and her beauty. So of course your mother had played on the rumors dressing her in a pale pink ballgown with gold accents that matched her fan and mask. Her hair was in perfect ringlets down her back along with pearls and flowers. Her mask was brushed with gold with her pale blue eyes the center of blooming roses so that the edges of her mask lined with lace looked like petals. She would be dubbed the Golden Rose immediately after her appearance and would keep the title from then on. 

You though, you had a name already, you had been immediately dubbed as the Ice Princess. You had been apart of society since you were 18 and the reason you weren't married was because of your cold eyes and personality. You were raised to be analytical and observant so you would be your father's heir. That is, until your younger brother was born. You were in a ballgown as well, but while your sisters was all lace and blushing flowers, you were in a stark white dress embroidered heavily with sharp blue gems. The pattern made it look like you were covered in thorny vines that would cut anyone who got close to you. Your mask was a blue that matched the blue of your dress, but instead of roses like your sister, the edges looked like jagged ice and glittered. Your e/c eyes pierced the room, so they looked like ice from how cold you observed everything. A simple, but elegant bun was the cherry on the cake for your outfit.

"Y/n, stay with your sister and ensure no one unsavoury speaks with her," your mother commanded as she followed your father to talk politics. 

So that's how you found yourself at the edge of the room staring down anyone who looked your way. Your sister hid behind her fan as you commented on the people around you with occasional giggles from her.

"See that man in the green jacket? He's the type to have an affair," you declared quietly to her from behind your icy blue laced fan.

"How do you know?" your sister's surprisingly husky voice asked.

"I overheard his mistress at the seamstress' the other day saying how he's horrible in bed."

Your sister giggled as you snickered. People often said you were the thorns to her rose, but your both equally hid sharp intelligence behind different masks. Her's a beautiful flower that attracted men while you repel them with your sharp words that cut like thorns.

"I find no one suitable for you here, s/n, no one I've seen so far meet my standards for you."

S/n just shrugged nonchalantly since she had some time to choose, while you had no hope for anyone to even call on you. You used to get visit from potential grooms, until you realized that they were visiting to catch glimpses of your sister. Then you had stopped receiving suitors and guests at all to protect your sister. Even now, all the young men were raking their eyes over the figure and beauty of your sister. If it wasn't for your scary presence, they would have swarmed her. But it made you a bit jealous that her sweet beauty was easier to fall for than your icy elegance and poise.