Buddy Dads

Another request from InsufficientIvy for a Jason and adopted child relationship but Roy is helping raise the child as well. I admit that the title for this chapter is very similar to the Buddy Daddies anime one but that's where the similarities end.

~~~~~~~

Jason swung into his apartment he shared with his partner in crime and heroics, Roy Harper or Red Arrow, absolutely exhausted. It wasn't even close to dawn but Jason had to cut his patrol short so he could sleep. Jason glanced at Roy's room and saw him knocked out like he hoped to be soon. The only things he took off were the hard annoying things like his guns, helmet, shoes, and belt. After that he fell onto his bed and managed to sleep pretty quickly.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"I swear to Superman if you don't pick that up soon I will murder you," Roy groaned.

Jason didn't even look at who it was and grabbed his phone from beside him.

"What?"

"Hello, is this a Mister Jason Todd?"

"Yeah."

"We're calling to inform you about a certain situation at the police station right now."

"If it's my brother's asking for bail tell them to call Bruce."

Jason almost hung up before he heard the next words.

"I have information that your daughter has been in an accident and her mother has passed away."

"What!"

Jason jumped up and tripped to the floor so badly even Roy peaked out of his room at the sound.

"Okay, I'll be there soon," Jason promised on the phone before hanging up.

"What's wrong?"

Jason sighed.

"Apparently, I'm a father."

[Interlude as Jason explains everything as they drive in his car to the main GCPD headquarters.]

"So, you're ex was pregnant after you broke up and she raised the child with her new boyfriend. Now they got into a car accident and passed away leaving your kid alone. Somehow, the kid knows you're her dad and said to call you after the accident."

Jason groaned as he heard just how messed up this situation was.

"I swear she didn't even tell me I had a kid," he grumbled.

Roy shook his head and thought the ex was right to avoid Jason years ago. He wasn't the healthiest person to be around, let alone a baby.

"What will you do?" Roy asked.

"Meet her for one."

"Then?"

"Figure it out from there."

Roy sat up in his seat, "Jason this is a literal person you need to think about."

Jason made a sharp turn to get into the parking lot of the police headquarters and stepped out without turning the car off.

"Hey! Jason!"

Jason went inside as Roy scrambled to catch up. Jason looked around and immediately spotted the little girl sitting in Gordon's office. She looked young, but possibly 11 years old or older. Gordon was there with her and spotted Jason as he came marching up to his office.

"Now Jason-"

The girl turned her head and the two of them stared at each other for minutes.

"Jason you can't leave the car running like that-"