Damian Wayne x Reader (College AU)

Flip. Flip. Scritch. Scratch. Squeak.

Y/n was in one of the best environments to study for their exam next week. Finding a place to sit in Gotham University's library wasn't that hard. Yet despite the quiet atmosphere, they still struggled with focusing.

Damain saw this. He couldn't help it since he was sitting right across from her at the same table. He was working on one of his art assignments and happened to see Y/n sit down near him.

Damian has an ongoing curiosity of Y/n.  They had a few classes together before since he was an art major and they were majoring in architecture. He didn't know when he started watching them. His eyes would find them, and then he would stare at them for the next few seconds.

But lately his curiosity was blooming into something that caused him to hold some affections for Y/n. More often than not if Damian was left alone he'd unconsciously start sketching Y/n. He had a small sketch book dedicated for them since he couldn't help himself.

"Ugh."

Damain looked up at Y/n when they stretched and felt his heart skip a beat.

"Stay focused," Damian whispered to himself.

Damian taped into his strong concentration to finish his assignment. He completely blocked out the outside world just to avoid glancing at Y/n every second.

Y/n of course noticed that Damian wasn't staring at them like usual. They felt him staring on numerous occasions and caught him more than once. It was weird to them for Damian to suddenly be ignoring them. But maybe they weren't bothering him lately and that's why he wasn't staring? Y/n didn't know and couldn't become distracted with those thoughts.

The old clock tower on campus soon rang six times letting everyone know it was six in the evening now. Y/n decided that they had studied for long enough. They stood up and grabbed their bag from underneath the table. Damian looked up when he finally noticed Y/n had left the table only to see his special sketchbook hanging out of their bag.

"F***!" Damian cursed as he grabbed his things to follow Y/n.

Y/n walked out the library building and began walking down the main street. Damian was stuffing his binder in his bag when he reached the door. He tried his best to run silently behind Y/n to catch it with them.

"Wait, what if they ask to see what's inside that's so important? I don't believe Y/n is the type to care, but they do get curious easily. What if someone tells them their bag is open and they find as they close their bag?"

Damian's thoughts ran crazily as he was silently following Y/n from a distance. When Y/n reached a big jntersection and waited for the cars to stop, Damian tried making a move.

"Excuse me your bag is open."

Y/n turned in surprise at the unexpected voice behind them. They didn't expect to see Damain at all especially since he was so absorbed at the library.

"I'll just close it for you if you would turn around," Damian said.

Y/n did as he said, but not without noticing the lightness of their bag afterwards. Y/n turned around and looked at Damian with suspicion in their eyes.

Damian saw this look and knew he had been caught. He raised his hand that was holding his sketchbook and showed it to Y/n.

"I think my sketchbook accidentally ended up in your bag. See it has my initials on it."

Y/n did in fact recognize that it was Damain's sketchbook. They often saw him sketching in it when they caught Damian staring at them. Y/n suddenly had a moment of epiphany of why Damian went through all the trouble of hiding his sketchbook.

"Oh of course that's yours, I always notice you carrying it. You must have a lot of good sketches since you carry it around all the time."

Damian chuckled and walked forward when the light said he could. Y/n had no choice but to walk fast to catch up with him. When hey reached the other side of the crosswalk Damian planned to say goodbye and escape. Y/n had another idea so they blocked Damian from leaving.

"You know, I've never spoken to you before today, but I've seen you around a lot. I always catch staring at me and I wondered if you found me interesting."

Damian avoided their eyes as they said the last part. Y/n was having more fun as this went on.

"Damian?"

"Ttsk, what?"

Y/n smiled, "Which page has your favourite sketch of me?"

Damian's head whipped down to look at Y/n in utter disbelief. Y/n couldn't help but laugh seeing his face. He was actually so easy to read and figure out. Damian's heart was bearing from disbelief, surprise, and delight from hearing Y/n laugh.

Y/n jabbed Damian's ribs a bit, "I know a good bistro by here. Wanna hang out for a date and see if I can help my stalker out?"

Damian frowned, "Stalking is a crime and I have simply been observing you from afar during the times I see you."

"Uh huh, let's go stalker."

Y/n grabbed Damian's arm and dragged him away while he sighed. He had a bad feeling that this name would stick with him mo matter how hard he complained.