Jason's recovery headcannon

-You know he returned to Gotham full of anger and very little time to properly  adjust/digest his revival.

-His mind fixated on his anger for the Joker, Bruce, even himself.

-Very rough few months for him as he spent the days occupied so he could avoid thinking. But whatever was haunting him came rearing its head as nightmares.

-So the combination of being murdered by a clown, revived by the Lazarus Pit and little sleep was slowly killing Jason.

-He calmed down some with interventions from his friends and brothers, but what he really needed was Bruce.

-Jason wouldn't give Bruce the chance because:

1. He didn't like his face.
2. He felt abandoned by him.
3. He didn't kill the Joker.
And last but not least...Jason was afraid Bruce would hate the new him and not accept him.

-Bruce to his credit, for once, he understood what Jason was feeling. He pretended to be busy so often so his brother's and Alfred could have sleepovers with Jason at the Manor. He indirectly mentioned Dr. Leslie's associate who was a therapist so Jason could have psychological help.

-What helped mend Jason and Bruce's relationship was space. Jason getting the space from his triggers and the pressures he felt. Bruce giving him space so he can heal without worrying about him. Bruce also needed the time to forgive himself for Jason dying and that Jason wasn't the same person as before.

-The moment that everyone realized that Jason and Bruce had reconciled was an "epic" one in Jason's words.

This was one of the darkest moments the Justice League has been in in a long time. Alien invasions, demons, rampaging tyrants? Nope. What the Justice League was facing was a mix of their worst fears and ghosts from their past. However, there was no trick to waking up from their nightmares like fighting their way out. As they were trapped shadow versions of themselves were being created at the same time. The longer they were trapped, the more the shadows became real. This fight was all mental, and there was no one ro save them but themselves.

Bruce faced a broken and battered Jason in his tattered Robin suit.

"Father."

Bruce struggled to bury his guilt for Jason when he heard that voice.

"Are you really my father?"

Bruce expected even wished that his voice had said that with anger, but it was said with a fragile desperation.

"Don't you love me?"

"Of course I do," Bruce whispered.

"Then why did I-"

"Cause the Joker thought it would be funny."

Bruce opened his eyes he had closed in emotion to see a full grown Jason beside the younger beaten version. Jason whistled as he looked at the vision of himself, "Damn, no wonder you have nightmares of me."

"Jason?" Bruce asked in disbelief.

Jason glanced at him but then a vision of Bruce was speaking from the side.

"I didn't forget you, I searched and tried to find you. I was too late, I'm sorry."

"You never came. I called for you but you never came."

"I'm sorry I never forgot you. I tried."

"It hurt. It really hurts-"

Bruce inhaled sharply as he realized that both Jason's and his nightmares were connected. The Bruce in Jason's vision and the Jason in Bruce's vision were almost having a conversation at that point. Their words...rhe way the conversation was flowing was almost like...

"I need you now Jason, I don't need what or who you were before. I just need my son," Bruce said as he gave Jason all his attention.

Jason squirmed. It wasn't what he expected, but Jason realized he'd never wanted apologies from Bruce. It literally was his nightmare for Bruce to apologize for not reaching him in time. It was like he was denying what Jason had become now and could only wish or focus on the past. His nightmare was Bruce denying that Jason was still a part of the family.

Jason had needed acceptance.

"I don't need you to hold my hand anymore. I can face the world on my own. But I'd still like some encouragement sometimes," Jason said with the nicest tone Bruce had heard in a while.

Bruce blamed himself for Jason's death and how he grew up in pain without him. Bruce wasn't there to care and support him and had become overprotective. But Jason didn't-couldn't be coddled that way because he had become someone independent. He didn't need Bruce to lead him anymore, he needed a supporter.

Bruce had needed to accept the Jason he had and who he had now were two different people.

The nightmare completely shattered between them and they were free. Bruce and Jason quickly found the foul creature that had set off the nightmares. A short fight and a few helpful spells from an awakened Doctor Fate and the entire world escaped their nightmares.

-Jason will still have panic attacks or bad days promoted by his PTSD but he seeks help actively for it.

-Bruce still gets headaches from Jason's actions, but now he knows that he can't control him.

~~~~~~~
This was another request from catsaresooooawsome and it might not be what you expected but here it is.