Cassandra Cain headcanons

-She was 15 when she was adopted by Bruce so she was in between Jason and Tim in age, the real middle child of the family.

-Bruce and the boys worked hard to make her comfortable with them, but they gave her space when she needed it. Their kindness was new to her and she was confused a lot with them genuinely caring about her.

-She learned slowly how to speak and she often preferred one syllable replies to things.

-She called Bruce dad immediately after she realized her father wasn't what a real dad was supposed to be. She called her brothers nicknames or bro when she was speaking to one of them. Alfred was dubbed papi by her and he refuse to let anyone else but her to use it. 

-Damian was the one who helped her change her views from the ones associated with the League of Shadows. He understood her and sometimes she was there for him when he struggled with his old teachings too. They liked keeping each others skills sharp by sparing regularly.

-Dick tried to give her a normal childhood and took her to all the cliché places for children to have fun. But what she really liked was that he was happy with her no matter what they did, he just liked being around her. They like playing twister together since no one else bothers to join when they're too flexible to really compete against.

-Jason surprisingly really liked Cass and understood some of her feelings like Damian did. But he didn't do things like teach her slang and swear words or the best places to have fun in Gotham. He taught her how to be independent and learn to cook and clean for herself so she was never reliant on anybody. He also recommended books that were classics and some that would help her understand pop culture since she was out of tune with the world.

-Tim helped her with speaking the most and to learn to use modern technology. Cass liked how soft he was and how she could baby him sometimes unlike Damian. She liked giving him quick hugs randomly and Tim appreciated that she cared for him.

-Being the only girl would have been hard if she didn't have Barbara and Stephanie to help. They were the ones who took her shopping for clothes that made her comfortable, but looked good on Cass. They both talked enough that Cass could just listen to them in silence, but not feel awkward about it. They also brought her to their favourite salon to get her hair done so that she would have no more split ends. Of course everything was paid for by Bruce's credit card.

-Cass's first gala, she was always with one of her family or friends to avoid any bad situations that could happen. It also helped ground her to herself because there was a lot of people surrounding them and in one room. She was joking with Tim on the sidelines when they were approached by Lex Luthor. Tim played the future CEO/protegee character, but Luthor had his eyes on Cass.

-"I must say, with such a lovely girl such as yourself living with a bunch of wolves, I don't see how you can come out unscathed."

-Cass might not know much English or how to read between the lines, but she knew what Luthor was saying. She blushed in anger and said one scathing sentence to the evil millionaire.

-"You are the scum on their shoes then."

-Tim was surprised, Dick who had been coming to rescue them was surprised and Alfred who was monitoring from afar barely heard what Cass said. Luthor looked angry but he knew he couldn't do anything or Bruce would make sure he was labelled the villain and would lose some of his stocks because of it.

-"Is there a problem here?" 

-Bruce was eyeing Luthor so the man made a tactful retreat. Cass from then on only glared at Luthor whenever he was in attendance at any event. He was unnerved by her fiery hatred of him and stayed away.

-"What did she do to Luthor, I've never seen him as unsettled as this?" Clark asked at one gala.

-"She put him in his place," was Bruce's proud response.

-Cass never let the media step on her either, so she was labelled as the 'Wayne who is never fazed' but they loved her. Consequently, she was the best person to bring along if you wanted to keep the media off your back because if she didn't want the press to follow, they wouldn't.

-Cass found out she hates talking on the phone because she can't read the person's emotions as she talks to them. Texts are worst and a last resort for her.

-She doesn't often steal her brother's clothes, but when she does, she makes a full outfit from them. Tim's shirt, Jason's hoodie, Dick's sweats and Damian's socks and all she was missing was Bruce's slippers. No one questions or tries to stop her because she usually does it when she's in a relaxed mood and wants to snuggle in some blankets to nap. She'll be joined by her brothers so that when she wakes up, she's on the bottom of a dog pile. When they're not around, Bruce might end up cuddling with her as he works on something. He once went through a whole conference call with her head on his lap and no one admitted how cute it was.

-Cass hates wire bras and Stephanie has to fight her to wear them with her dresses for galas. Cass lives in sports bras and she has two drawers dedicated to them. 

-Cass ignores Selina most of the time because she doesn't like how she plays with Bruce's emotions so much. Selina doesn't feel offended, she understands why and doesn't push Cass for a connection.

-The one time Cass was seriously hurt, Damian was on patrol with her and he freaked out. He managed to bag the bad guys and call GCPD to pick them up but then he ran with Cass in his arms back to the cave. He stayed with her as she got stitches for a few bullet wounds she wasn't able to dodge and got her broken wrist set. 

-"I'm sorry that I let you get so hurt."

-"No fault, no guilt. Strong Cass," was her short reply since she reverted back to broken English.

-Bruce kept her off until her wrist was healed and all her wounds had sealed up. Cass was annoyed with being babied and cooped up, but she spent more time with her brothers so that was good.

+Bonus

Cass had just stubbed her toe on the dining table and decided to use a word Dick had said when he had done that.

"Shit."

"Miss Cassandra!" Alfred gaped at her language.

"Where did you learn to say that?" Bruce asked sternly.

"Dick said it when he had hurt his toe," she replied innocently, "It doesn't mean ow?"

"It's a bad word Cass and you shouldn't be using it," Bruce explained.

"Oh, then is fuck and bitch bad words too?"

"Let me guess, Dick said those too after he stubbed his toe?" 

"No, Tim said it after his computer crashed."

Tim, and everyone else, learned not to say anything risky in the presence of Cass because she would repeat it somehow to Bruce. Especially when he started asking her if she'd learned any new words every week.