Damian Wayne x Mar'i Grayson

As requested by @Nikkijamale2007 in my Jason x Y/n adoption oneshot. So this is like a continuation of that oneshot but can be a stand alone too.

~~~~~~~

"Jason said he's coming over to dinner," Damian reported to Alfred who was in the kitchen preparing said dinner.

"Thank you young master, may I ask that you prepare the dining table in the meantime."

"Only because you asked Pennyworth."

Damian went to do as Alfred asked with no excess attitude given. For once, but he was getting better. However when he went too long without interacting with at least one of his siblings he tends to regress to his assassin day behaviour. So, monthly dinner have become a thing to keep everyone connected. So many of the family members no longer live in the manor after starting their own families. It was a nice way of staying in touch besides crime fighting.

Damian wouldn't say it, but he liked these dinners for more than one reason. Okay, more than one Grayson.

"Hello world!" Jason's daughter screamed before running into the living room.

Damain heard an impact and "oof" sound that must have been Bruce getting jumped on.

"Grandpa!"

Damian continued his work while Jason was talking to Bruce. However, a new set of hands started helping him set up the glasses onto the table.

"Hey, Kiddo."

Damian nodded, "Todd."

"You know one day you will say my name to avoid calling both me and my husband at the same time."

"We'll see about that and I distinctly remember telling you I am not a child anymore."

"You're only 16, still a kid."

"Your daughter is 13, that is considered in the least as a pre-teen."

"Nuh-uh."

Soon after some pleasant conversation with Jason's spouse, everyone had arrived for dinner. Damian kept cool as Dick and his daughter Mar'i sat across from him at the table. Mar'i gave him a grin and he returned it with a nod.

"Hey Dami, haven't seen you in a while."

"We went on a mission last week with the Titans."

"How'd it go?" Cass asked from beside Damian on his right.

Mar'i grimaced, "At least one person broke a bone but it wasn't the criminals fault."

"What went wrong?" Bruce asked in all seriousness since it was about the Titans.

"Uhhhm...." Mar'i hummed to avoid answering the question.

"I was distracted and threw a henchmen on top of Beast Boy when he wasn't paying attention," Damian admitted.

Everyone either snickered or stared at him in concern as he continued to eat like it was nothing.

"What caught your attention? Was wittle baby Dami distracted by a pretty girl."

"With how stone cold he is, nah, he must've been sick."

Tim and Jason laughed, but their words grated on Damian.

"Does it seem impossible for me to have normal human feelings?"

"The Demon? Nope," Tim scoffed.

Damian glared at him, but they soon forgot the topic and moved on. Mar'i sneakily used her foot to rub against Damian's leg under the table. It was her way of giving him comfort.

The next day when they were training together at the Titan's Tower, Mar'i consoled Damian.

"I understand that your hormones and new feelings got to you. But as the newness of them wears off, you'll be able to handle yourself like usual."

"I know," Damian said through gritted teeth.

Mar'i jumped back from his leg swing into a backflip to the other side of the mat. They were barely breathing hard as they sparred together.

"I appreciate that you aren't acting like you would have a few years ago. "You're only a distraction to me, I'm breaking up with you for your own good." I would soo kill you if you said something like that to me."

Damain smirked, "Weakness is the inability to overcome an obstacle not to run from it."

After he said that Damian feinted a punch that turned into a tackle that brought them both to the mat. Mar'i laughed as Damian tickled her sides relentlessly.

"Dami! Damian! Please! Stop! No!"

They were both laughing when Dick burst into the room panting. He stared at his brother and daughter laughing on the ground then relaxed.

"You look like someone was getting attacked," Damian said.

"I heard Mar'i screaming and I couldn't help it but to run."

"Aww, Dad at this point I could carry both of you while flying for hours. I can take care of myself."

Mar'i got up and looked at Damian if he wanted a hand up. Damian shook his head and began doing push-ups.

"Show off, tsk tsk."

"Says the one who made a boasting statement less than 30 seconds ago."

"Well, it takes one to know one," Mar'i giggled.

Dick thought that this image was nice, but there was something off about it. He couldn't pin point what it was, but the atmosphere was...colorful.

It wasn't until he was later telling Bruce about his visit to the Titans (because they were worried about Damian based on the story from the night before) that he figured out what it was with Bruce's help.

"Dick, you do realize their behaviour is exactly the one you had with Kor'i when you started dating."

Dick laughed, "Nice joke Bruce."

Dick couldn't continue laughing when he caught them holding hands at the next family dinner.

"DAMIAN WAYNE!"

"Oop, better fly," Mar'i giggled as she carried Damian out of her dad's reach.

They didn't come down until a laughing Jason restrained the glowering Dick.

Let's just say Dick didn't talk to Damian until the sense of betrayal passed. It helped that Kor'i was there to help him come to terms. But it was awkward the next dinner when Jason's adopted daughter asked why Damian and Mar'i were kissing.

Damian scowled at her, "Traitor."

"Hey, I do business for profit and you never paid me to keep my mouth shut. Also, Dad you lost the bet pay up."

"You really couldn't have saved it until after dinner?" Jason sighed.

He handed his daughter a 10 bill and also one to his spouse as well. Dick looked incredulously at their family, but couldn't stop glaring at Damian too.

"Dick, just let it go."

"Bruce."

"We still have all the surveillance set up from when you and Babs started dating. We have counter measures."

"Seriously!"