Q&A Answers

I've made this chapter to answer what seems to be the only question I got from anyone.

Q: What is/was my inspiration for this story/collection of work?

A: Well, it started because I read other works on Wattpad about the Batboys and began daydreaming. I thought about different characteristics/abilities for an insert and who they would be paired with.

Truly, a lot of the y/n stories are just ocs I was too lazy to write a full story for. One-shots give me the ability to have my story idea in 1-2 chapters without going into too much detail. I have a bad habit of being fixated on a story idea for a few days, then losing the passion for it. With one-shots I can write the idea when it's fresh and I'm passionate/interested.

I remember some specific one-shots and their inspirations.

For the Bruce x Fashion designer one, I literally just wanted to dress Dick in a sheer blue jacket. Then I thought up outfits for the rest of the fam and...:) Surprisingly, my favourite idea out of everyone's outfits are either Dick's jacket, Duke's suit with brown accents, or Damian's cherry blossom embroidered jacket.

In Batfam x Dimensional traveler I thought what would happen if someone (mainly me) dropped into the DCU and wanted to work with Alfred.

Lady Fairweather was an oc idea for a meta human who controlled the weather. I wanted someone who had a reason to hide their identity and be secretive. I also wanted her to be someone Batman didn't hate having in his city. Also, she was always Canadian.

Other story ideas can be attributed to random memes, pictures, and writing prompts from the internet. I usually put them somewhere in the chapter or say it's inspired by a post. I really wished I could have joined the #onlyingotham trend in its peak. But at one point I had so many prompts saved among all my devices and literally anything I saved/saved/read was a potential prompt.

One thing I didn't think I would like so much is writing one-shots based on reader requests. Every time it's something new or interesting that I would never consider, or maybe it's something I've read before, so I was worried I'd be influenced by it. It's not that I don't want to write requests, it just no-one sent me any. I couldn't say if I liked it because I. never. did. it.

And that was a lot just to talk about my inspiration, but it was literally the only question I got on the Q&A page, besides a couple of requests. 

Anyways I'd also like to use this time to say that due to a lack of inspiration I'll stop updating regularly but I will continue to accept requests. I will continue to interact with readers and I'm not taking a hiatus, it's just after my stockpile is finished, I'll be very slow to update.