Batfam x cute reader

It's said in Japanese culture that after existing and being used by humans for many years, an object can gain a spirit. The manor was old and so was many of the things in it so it's a mystery that you were the only spirit created. You were one piece of the manor that saw everything but was not often used. The sparkling, extravagant chandelier. You probably should have been elegant or somber like the manor you lived in, but you embodied the light and dazzling feelings of the manor. You suddenly popped up and were pretty easily accepted. Alfred took much better care to clean your chandelier more often. You were a bubbly personality in a house that had the kings and queens of being serious. You were a cute relief to the tension they usually lived with.

"Bruce, do you know where Dick is?" Tim asked after he entered his study.

Bruce raised an eyebrow, "Am I supposed to?"

"Well, we're playing hide and seek and he's the last one."

"Where did you check?" Bruce asked.

Tim listed nearly all of the manor except for the main hall and Bruce knew exactly where he was.

"Have you seen Y/n around lately either?" 

Tim bolted out of the room to your chandelier that was in the main hall because he figured out where you guys were. You giggled as quietly as you could as Dick held you and told you to shush.

"They'll find us Y/n," he whispered.

"But it's like old times when you'd hid from Bruce with me," you whispered back.

Dick heard Tim's foot steps coming closer and covered your mouth to cover your excited shriek. Tim ran into the room looking directly at you and Dick sitting precariously on your chandelier.

"Found you guys!"

Dick let go as your mouth so your laughter could be heard as you climbed down and Dick flipped down. 

"You helped Dick didn't you Y/n, that's not fair," Tim whined.

"But it was fun!"

"Tickling you should be fun."

You shrieked as both Tim and Dick chased you into the living room where they tickled you mercilessly.

"Stop!" you gasped.

"Never."

Jason walked by the room and paused to watch you guys playing. You made a desperate motion for him to save you.

"Nope, you probably deserve it," he said.

You had enough and rematerialized somewhere else to avoid them. You felt like visiting Cass and watching her work on case files in her room.

"Can I braid your hair?" You asked her quietly.

You learned quickly that some people, Cass, Bruce Alfred and Damian mainly, didn't like people being too loud around them. Cass shrugged so you grabbed a few pieces of her hair to make a cool style for her. You hummed as you worked and it was reminiscent of the music played at the galas held in the manor. You made it so all the braids came together to look like a flower with the bottom half of her hair free.

"All done."

Cass looked in the mirror and gave you a grateful smile. You decided someone else could use your wonderful presence and that meant the broody Damian who was across the hall. 

"Hello," you said as you entered his room unannounced.

Damian glanced at you as he continued to work on one of his sketches with Titus and Alfred snuggled at the foot of his bed.

"Afternoon Chandelier," he answered you.

"I told you calling me by my object is rude and that my name is Y/n."

"You're the spirit of the chandelier so that's what I'll call you."

You huffed and plopped down by his pets because they were nicer than Damian was. You were pouting and that was super cute in Damian's eyes. You turned around when you heard Damian stop sketching for a while to find him blankly staring at the piece.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't imagine how to make this look like it's being seen through a crystal like our assignment says to," he growled.

You took a look at the close up of a flower during the night that he'd drawn and nodded your head. Next thing he knew, your hand turned into a crystal.

"Does this help?"

Damian moved your hand so it was between his face and the picture, "Stay right there."

You did as he asked, or more like demanded, but he didn't say anything about talking.

"You know, I overheard last week that Jason's going to through Alfred a party and I had an idea of what we could do."

"And?"

"Well, I would need everyone's help to do it and if you and Jason are on board with it everyone else will agree."

"Tell me your plan. If I like it I might agree to it."

So you explained the great idea you had of everyone getting together for an actual tea party and inviting Alfred's theatre group as well. Damian stopped using your hand crystal as reference, but continued to listen to your plan. He finished right as you finished talking. 

"I like your plan. I'll spread the word with everyone during patrol."

You jumped up and hopped around in your excitement at getting him to agree.

"I'll let Jason know now," you yelled as you ran out of his room.

Jason was in the garage fixing an old bike of his when you found him. 

"Jason listen to this!"

You were shifting around and motioning with your hands as you told him your plan as he sat on his heels quietly.

"What do you think?"

Jason nodded a bit as he thought it over compared to his lame idea of getting Alfred to go to karaoke. 

He smiled widely, "Alfred won't know what hit him."

You were really bad at keeping secrets so you were kept as far away from the party and Alfred as possible. The plan was for everyone to get him out of the house so you and Jason could put up the decorations and let his theatre group in. You couldn't be seen by anyone who didn't live in the manor so there was no reason for you to hide. You called Tim to see how long until they were arriving.

"Hey Y/n, you'r-"

"Tim, everyone's here and the scones came out great, how long until you guys get here?"

"I hope you haven't made too much of a mess Miss Y/n," came the voice of the one person who wasn't supposed to hear that.

"I tried to tell you you're on speaker," Tim said, but the damage was done.

You hung up and disappeared back into your chandelier to cry. You didn't care, you ruined the surprise, and you felt awful. Everyone came and spent time enjoying the party but they were worried about you. They couldn't call out to you with guests there so they had to wait until the last person left. 

"Y/n come out, it's okay no one is mad," Dick called to you.

"I am very pleased with your plan Miss Y/n, it still came as a surprise to me despite your call," Alfred assured you.

You hesitantly showed your head and only saw reassuring smiles below you.

"Would you mind coming down Y/n, you up there reminds me too much of when Dick would hang up there," Bruce sighed.

You giggled a bit and slowly came down. 

"Now, would you like to have some tea Miss Y/n?"