Tim Drake x Witch pt2

"Azalea!"

Azalea looked up from her blonde fringe covering her spell book and from across the three cauldrons she was working with. Her father angrily stood there and she could spy her brother hiding behind him.

"What did I say about lecturing Lester?"

Azalea finally understood why her father was so angry. He wasn't usually a pleasant person to deal with, but he was civil. However, the minute it had to do with anything related to her brother or his reputation, he easily got riled up.

Lester had been playing with advanced magic again and she had scolded him about it. He must have told on her to their father who didn't like her interacting with Lester at all.

"He could have summoned a demon this time," she tried to defend herself.

"You have no right to stop my heir from practicing. How will he learn the advanced stuff if he doesn't practice now!"

Azalea listened to her father rant, but she was actually focused on making her potions. She needed to restock for Tim since he had asked her for some more. Tim had gotten his date and now they had been seeing each other for almost a year now. Azalea was one month away from turning 18 and being free of her father's rules and demands of her. Once she was 18 she would get the chance to either stay in her current clan, switch to a different coven, or become an independent witch. Azalea was leaning towards becoming independent, but that came with the risk of not being able to procure materials easily. 

"I don't know what your Aunt saw in you," her father scoffed before leaving.

Azalea's face flinched at his harsh words and his complete rejection of her. Just because their family had a patriarchal structure it somehow meant any women of the family were useless. But talents like Azalea and her Aunt were still recognized as distinguished members of the clan. That was why her Aunt Felicia had gone independent leaving the family and serving the greater magic community. She died in a large battle against Parademons to protect an orphanage, but instead of any recognition she was labelled a metahuman to deny she was a witch. Azalea knew that witches and wizards were the hidden protectors of the world, but her Aunt died a hero. 

Before she could get into any darker thoughts Azalea's phone rang with the theme song for Red Robins, something Tim hated. She chuckled and answered the phone casually. "Hey."

"Hey to you too, are you free next Saturday Lea?"

"Depends if anything happens at home, but no."

"Good," Azalea could hear the smile in his voice as he continued, "I have a surprise I want to show you."

"Alright, but can we have dinner at your house after?" Azalea relished any chance she had to spend with Tim and hated to leave earlier than she had to.

"I'll let Alfred know so make sure to leave room for cookies."

"Argh, now you're making me hungry! But I still need to finish making your order."

"Don't worry about it they don't need to be aesthetically pleasing, they just need to work."

Azalea huffed, "I provide both quality and appearance to all my merchandise, thank you very much."

"But you use glass bottles and-"

"That I be-spell not to break and to shrink down to make them more compact."

"Okay fine, thanks so much."

Azalea's eyes sparkled since she had won an argument against one of the smartest people on Earth. "I'll talk to you later, okay."

"Bye, beautiful."

"Tim!"

Azalea laughed after that call and it gave her the energy to face the rest of her week until her date with Tim. She thought maybe she could check out the local magic community in Gotham and see if a clan would welcome her. Saturday could not come fast enough to the point Azalea made a portal right beside Tim at the Manor where they'd said they would meet. Her eyes met Tim's and it was like they had found that perfect place in the world meant just for them. 

"Hi."

"Hello Handsome," Azalea said.

Tim laughed, "You had to return the favor didn't you."

"Yep."

The two of them walked out of the Manor after saying hello and goodbye to Alfred to head wherever Tim was taking them. They held hands as they walked in comfy clothes with hats and scarfs since it was very cold that evening. 

"You know how you told me about your Aunt?"

Azalea looked away from the street when he said that, "I loved her and wanted you to know about her."

"Well, I know how much you don't want her sacrifice to be forgotten so I...pulled some strings."

Azalea was puzzled until she saw where they were standing and it was in front of an orphanage. the sign read "Felicia Wood Charity Orphanage" and was in the color purple her aunt's favourite colour.

"Tim," Azalea gasped before she started crying. Tim held her and let her cry for a few minutes before he pulled her towards the back of the building. There was a bench in the garden that had an engraving and Tim read it out loud for her.

"This building is dedicated to the woman Felicia Wood who protected an orphanage of children during the Battle of Metropolis against Apokolips. Let her bravery be remembered and remind everyone of her kindness for children. In her words wish on the stars and work hard to make your dreams come true."

"Oh Tim, thank you!"

Tim smiled at Azalea who was as happy as he thought she would be upon seeing this place. He was glad he took on the project to plan this, even at the time Bruce had pushed the responsibility onto him.

"I did this because she deserves to be remembered. and she was a hero." Tim was nervous but he had decided to do this today and now was the perfect chance to ask. "Azalea, will you move in with me here in Gotham?"

Azalea had no doubts when she said yes and promptly began the preparations to leave her clan for another one in Gotham. Her father didn't try to stop her, but regretted it months later when he had no one to deal with all the problems his unruly son caused. He tried to use guilt, familial bonds, or even threats to get Azalea to come back to the clan but she was happy in Gotham.

And there was no way her clan would let her go, she was too brilliant. They literally cried when she offered to work with them. Now both Tim and Azalea worked overtime, but at least they did it together.