Jason x Adopted child reader

This story was requested by @Victor_todd and I decided to make it in more of a headcanon format to make it easier for me.

~~~~~~~

-How does Jason meet the cute, but alone child that he adopts? Most would think when he was out as Red Hood in the middle of Gotham's alleyways.

-You meet outside the dumpster of a Starbucks when you're searching around Jason's bike for any loose cash.

-Jason gets hit by the biggest and most ironic sense of deja vu, and that was his deciding factor to take you in.

-Being Jason's kid, you've learnt to use sarcasm as a shield and a third language. Spanish is you second language because that's what your nanny/neighbor speaks fluently. Jason unknowingly spent a whole conversation with kid you in Spanish, but he had just pulled an all nighter so it's understandable.

-It's funny how the family finds out cause Jason just up and pulls into the Batcave out of the blue. Not so unusual except he has you with him, and you're new so...

-Bruce's first reaction was to yell, but he just shut his mouth and asked you for your name. Bruce was going to treat you like his own since Jason already decided to give him a grandchild.

-Tim thought you were cute, but a little smug for your age. Damian and you just glared at each other already knowing you guys would get into so many arguments.

-Dick was in Budhaven that night so they thought he would be the last to know but Jason told them he was who helped him with the adoption process. It helped to have a cop who knew the law somewhat to help him fake it.

-You are you, and however you are, Jason finds a way to work with your ins and outs. Don't like socks? He'll still buy them for you, so you have them to wear whenever. You're a picky eater? You'll only eat at the approved takeout spots and sometimes Alfred's specially prepared food. You don't like guns? Hun, do you know who you live with? [I like Hun, I'm calling my readers that from now on.]

-Jason lives with Roy so you have your own personal play toy when it comes to sparing when Jason teaches you. Any kid of Jason's must know how to defend themselves; you live in Gotham capital city of crazy Hun, it's inevitable ;-)

-Jason does his best to raise you, and you take care of him too since he's always there for you.

-Your favourite thing to do on quiet nights is to cuddle up and read books on bed, especially if it's raining outside to create the perfect ambiance.

-Jason made you promise never to tell Alfred, Bruce, or Dick, in that exact order, about your chubby bunny showdown that ended up in you chocking on marshmallows and having an upset stomach the next day. [You still won though]

-I've mentioned it before that I think Jason photobombs other family members' whenever he can, so those photos will become your family photos. Your guys favourite one is a photobomb on Catwoman taking a selfie with a knocked-out Tim as Red Robin. It was supposed to be blackmail from Selina, but it was too precious not to save it in Jason's wallet.

-First date? Yeah, you wore a leather jacket of course, but when your date kept on ignoring you to play on their phone when they were the one to ask you out, you left. Then you spread one of their harmless, but embarrassing secrets in retaliation. Jason let you have your chance at getting revenge without doing anything because he wanted you to stand up for yourself and know when someone wasn't treating you right. But that didn't stop him from egging their house.

-The moment when Bruce realized that Jason was really a father to you and not just a guardian or caretaker, was the first time you got sick when he wasn't around.

-You got a really high fever and the medicine they had wasn't working quiet well and would take a bit of time to start working.

-You kept crying in your sleep for your family that everyone knew had already passed away. When Jason got there, he listened to what Alfred said about your illness, then quietly climbed into the bed with you.

-"Do they always cry like this when they get sick?" Bruce had asked when he saw how unfazed Jason was.

"They're allowed to miss their family; I'm not replacing anybody just giving them a different family they can join."

-Then Jason would pat your stomach for a while until the medicine kicked in and you finally fell asleep completely. He was used to the occasional nightmare from you and had learnt how to calm you down. You guys are a team for the long run, the good and bad, and for days when you needed someone else there to let you know you were loved.