Damian Wayne x vampire

Selina Kyle watched the skyline of Gotham as she waited for an old friend of hers to show up at their meeting spot. She wasn't in her Catwoman suit, just some jeans and a sweater because it was slightly chilly that night, but wasn't it always in Gotha? Lucky it wasn't raining, but it wouldn't have bothered her or the Knight who protected the city. Speaking about Batman, he was being kept away from the meeting by the little Robin since she'd cashed in a favour that the little birdy owed her. But he had interrogated her closely to see if she intended to do evil while he distracted his father.

"Why do you need me to do it?" he suspiciously asked.

Selina gave him her cheschire cat grin and answered in a teasing voice, "Don't worry birdy, I just want to have the chance to talk to a friend without him catching us. No Catwoman or tricks, just looking out for a friend."

Robin somehow believed her and Selina was glad that he did because her friend didn't come peacefully. At least the ones who were chasing him didn't. Selina jumped in as one man was cornered by a group of hunters who hunted his kind. The man was a vampire and the ones chasing him were hunters who killed his kind despite him being one of the gentle kind of his race. Selina was happy she brought her weapon with her as the hunters were simple men and taken down easily by her.

"Gio what's going on? You said you needed to talk to me, not that you needed help with exterminators."

Giovanni slumped down against the alley wall they found themselves in and panted. Selina took a closer look and her friend was pale when he usually had a gorgeous olive complexion.

"They attacked my coven Selina. Killed everyone there and burned the place down. I made it out barely, but Dani stayed behind to give me time," his voice croaked. Dani was his mate, another vampire from his coven, and Selina understood that he had just lost half his soul. 

"I don't have long Selina, they got me with a few silver bullets and I can feel them draining my life. I came here to ask you to take care of our treasure Selina, keep her safe and love her please. I only trust you with her since you know how to deal with vampires."

He was gasping for breath now and Selina watched as he loosened his arms that were clutching something to his torso. It was a a young girl, maybe ten years old, that was shivering in her sleep due to the cold. She had her father's skintone, but her mother's golden brown hair and Selina wondered what her eyes looked like.

"I promise Gio, she'll be loved and safe until she's ready to take on the world," Selina whispered.

"Her name is....Cecilia.....Prince."

Giovanna, her friend since their days on the streets of Gotham until he'd met Dani and was turned into a vampire, took his last breath in peace. Selina let the tears drip down her face as she gently picked up the girl who whimpered, but snuggled into her warm chest. Selina got up and walked out the alley wishing it would rain to cover up her tears that continued to stream down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Cecilia cursed as she ran out her dorm room late for her evening class, her amber eyes wild. It wasn't her fault that the sun had decided to take longer to set than usual and she cursed that she would be late for the next few weeks until classes ended. She was a healthy 22 year old vampire though, so she cheated and used her supernatural speed to get to her midterm on time. If it wasn't an exam that cost a quarter of her grade, she wouldn't have risked it and she knew Selina would scold her for it.

"You are a vampire, I'm not gonna tell you to pretend not to be, but keep the obvious facts and suspicious activity on the dow low, alright."

Cecilia appreciated the hardships and sacrifices her godmother had made for her to live the life she was and stuck to her rules for Selina's sake. Even though she wasn't legally her ward anymore, Selina still babied her and watched over Cecilia. She chose to study close to Selina's apartment so she decided to go to Star City University because of that. Cecilia was excited for her last semester at school to end so Selina would keep her promise she made to her when she was younger.