Damian Wayne x Shifter Reader

Sorry forgot to mention this one-shot was requested by @Ayikai.

~~~~~~~

"What do you mean we have to get married!"

Damian shouted at Bruce in the Batcave as if he was the spoiled teenager he'd been when he first came to the family. But Damian was a full grown adult in most countries and shouldn't be yelling like a child.

"It's the best possible cover for you and the family is their own type of vigilante family. You're trying to track down Bane in Brazil, you need a cover to be there for so long."

"But marry a complete stranger?" Damian scoffed.

"You don't have to stay married afterwards," Bruce pointed out.

Damian didn't like this idea one bit, but it was the most logical plan. Bane was working on starting up a new drug ring but Damian wasn't going to allow him to finish his plans. But Bane was smart to move to Brazil of all places to hide. Luckily Bruce has a contact in Brazil and their daughter was the perfect age to marry Damian. The catch was he had to help her with her own case while he was there.

"Do I even know who your contact is?"

Bruce sighed, "You would if you went with us on vacation last month."

"To a parade with loud music, scantily dressed women dancing, and horrible neon colors. Like I would be seen there," he ttsked after saying that.

"Just because you don't share their culture doesn't mean you can belittle it," Alfred sharply reprimanded him.

"I apologize for my mistake."

Damian calmed down and tried to rationally think about this. His father wouldn't let him marry someone untrustworthy. Also apparently she was a metahuman and an asset in the field. Damian reminded himself of all the pros of the plan and disregarded his worries and fears.

Women in his life have always been in two ways; either looking for something from him or using him to get close to his father or brothers. He didn't like how annoying they could be and hoped his partner would at least be somewhat rational around him.

The plan went ahead and to keep it secret, they only told a few people. Damain had no problem speaking Portuguese so that was one less factor to plan for. They were scheduled to meet at the airport and immediately act like a couple. Damain had no idea what he should do, but he hoped she wouldn't act like an idiot.

"O namorado, you're here!"

Damian looked up from his suitcase in the boarding off section of the airport to see a woman with a sweet, but small smile on her face. She was looking straight at him and that let him know that she was his partner and contact without any words.

"I'm sorry if I was hard to find, love," Damian told her with a small kiss on her cheek.

She smiled and they naturally went through the airport together. Damian was happy that his partner seemed to be a reasonable woman. She acted normal around him and they seemed like an old couple. When they kept the airport she lead him to her car and since he didn't have a license yet, she drove.

"You don't know who I am do you?"

Damian frowned at her pointed question.

"Remember during your time with the Titans, there was a mission you had with the hero Macaw?"

Damian knew who she was talking about the Blue Macaw shifter hero from Brazil. She was a small, but crafty hero and worked well with the team. Damian made the connection and tried not to be embarrassed for not noticing.

"Y/n, sorry for not recognizing you immediately."

She smirked, "No problem, I liked the subtle looks of confusion on your face."

And now Damian remembered why he forgot about Y/n in an attempt to forget all her teasing. Her taunts, teases, and rare insults were always spot on and left Damian feeling bare.

"What case do you need my help with?" Damian tried to shift the conversation.

"Eduardo Toucan is encroaching on the jungles that my family protects since it's the habitat for Blue Macaws. My family are the Guardians of the Blue Macaw spirit and grants us our powers to protect them. The Toucan family are our mortal enemies and recently Eduardo is getting pesky. I need someone with strong backing to give my case in court a big nudge to win."

Damian nodded, "You need political strength."

Y/n shrugged, "Basically. Time to put the Wayne name to good use."

~~~~~~~

Getting rid of Eduardo's court case was the easy part of their partnership. Getting settled with Y/n's family was also easy since they were heroes as well. What killed Damian were the insistent flies known as the media who constantly followed him and Y/n.

Word for round that the youngest son of the Wayne Empire got married and now they were everywhere. Y/n laughed and had a blast of giving them very low key but loving shots of the two of them. The only thing good about them was that they increased their cover while searching for all of Bane contacts.

"Based on our information, Bane's base is within the Toucan family's estate. Seems cry baby Eduardo is a sore lower about the court case," Y/n sneered.

Their enemies teaming up just made their jobs easier since they knew so much about them. Damian found himself enjoying all the spying, planning, and scgeming he did with Y/n. She was becoming a partner to him in more ways than one. He realized that when they were younger, and he was much more misled about the world, they hadn't been right for each other. Now after this case Damian didn't want to part from her.

Damian was in his Robin suit as Y/n was in a blue sleeveless suit with a black cowl to mimic a beak. They were both in position to raid the base of Bane and Eduardo and planned it all thoroughly.

"Bird boy, ready for some fun?"

"With you darling, anytime."

Together they landed in the clearing full of tents, storage crates, and goons. They fought in sync with each other while fighting their respective rivals. Bane attempted to use his venom, but Y/n used a feather to slice the tube before it reached his brain. She continued fighting with her enhanced strength and feather blades that came out from her arms. Damian used his katanas and batarangs to knock out all the goons.

"Macaw! You and your family have oppressed the Toucans for too long and I will not take anymore of this humiliation!"

Damain glanced at Eduardo in time to see him aim an ancient looking amulet at Y/n.

"Y/n!"

Damian got distracted by Bane so he had to look away, but the next time he saw her...She was a Blue Macaw flying in the air before she shifted back to human and landing on Eduardo.

"Ahhh! My suit got ripped, argh, it's so hard to fix this in Brazil!"

Damain let out a sigh of relief and tied up all the villains. Y/n took the time to tie up Eduardo and call in the enforcement officers to take them away. She glanced over at him and smiled when she saw they were both finished.

Damian knew that this woman was the love of his life, an equal to his might and spirit, and would be his beloved for the rest of his days. Y/n looked confused when Damain kneeled in the dirt and took her hand in his.

"Will you marry me? For real this time."

Damian looked up at Y/n and the beautiful blue feathers that popped out in her embarrassment.

"Yes," was she squaked in answer, then shifted into a Macaw to hide for the rest of the night.