Tim Drake x Kikuyu tribe fem reader headcannons

Hey, this will be the last part of this story that I'll be writing and it's a request by @ssa_rountable who wanted me to write about a Kikuyu reader. It was interesting to write and a fun last chapter for me.

~~~~~~~

-Tim meets Y/n as part of a foreign exchange program where the Wayne's hosted students from all over the world to attend Gotham Academy for a semester. 

-Y/n is part of the Kikuyu tribe a sub-ethnic group living in Central Kenya, however she lives in Nairobi most of the time with her parents.

-Tim being the most similar in age to most of the students became their guide. This comes with him not being able to patrol since he's in charge of all of their matters.

-Y/n is among the 7th line of their tribe's founder, Gikuyu's, 9 daughters as she's been taught by her grandmother.

-Y/n's parents had moved to the city because of their jobs, but her grandparents remained since her grandfather was a medicine man and an important elder for their clan.

-When they were using icebreakers to introduce everyone they played two truths and a lie. Y/n's statements were:

1. She's an only child.

2. She's had 4 rights of passages. [Stages of life that one passes through]

3. Her tribe's main income is from hunting.

- Everyone was divided on which were truths and a lie, but in the end #3 was the lie since laws in Kenya prevent hunting and they have agriculture are a resource.

-Most of the chosen students for the exchange can manage to decently communicate in English and Tim rarely heard them speak in their native languages.

-One day some Gotham Academy students were causing trouble for Y/n and another girl from Japan for their accents.

-"Like, can't you even pronounce library properly? Ribrary, ribrary is what we always hear you say," one girl insulted Rei, the Japanese exchange student.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Rie apologized, flustered but Y/n stopped her.

"They are speaking very rudely. Mungu wangu ni watu gani wasio na adabu," Y/n scoffed and took a step forward. "Imagine if you tried speaking in another language and the native al say you sound bad. What would you do then besides run to your mother's skirt to cry behind."

[Sorry I used google translate to get the Swahili sentence but it should say "My gosh what rude people".]

- Tim rushed in and quickly resolved the situation but was pleasantly surprised by the Swahili you spoke.

-"I expected curses from how upset you were," he joked later.

"Hmph, why waste the words when they won't understand. If I insult a person they will understand me loud and clear."

-Tim made a lot of friends during the exchange, but with Y/n he felt something more and urged Bruce to set up something permanent so she wouldn't have to return so soon. When asked if she would extend her exchange Y/n's answer was, "No, I haven't seen my family in months."

-So Tim was left to helplessly chase after Y/n to keep in contact and try and form a deeper bond with her.