Vampire Jason x Reader pt2

"Y/nnnnnnnnnn~"

Jason called out slowly as he entered the dark warehouse on the docks of Gotham. The dark and creepy space has become a sort of garage/workspace for Y/n since they moved to Gotham. When Y/n was working any cases or supernatural magic they went here. And for once they didn't tell Jason where they were going. So Jason had the great idea to search for his soulmate, if only to tease them.

"Y/n!"

"Up here Jason," a husky voice came from up on the second floor.

Jason looked up at the empty space in the middle of the second floor and saw Y/n leaning against the railing.

"Whatcha doing?" Jason asked.

You had just woken up from a brief nap in the middle of working on a side project of yours. You didn't want Jason seeing it though, so jumped from the second floor to the first. Jason ran to catch up in his arms and you gave him a kiss as a reward. Not that jumping from that height would hurt you.

"I fell asleep while working on refilling my stock."

Jason didn't put you down and walked around with you in his arms. Jason brought you to his bike parked outside and finally put you down so you could ride behind him.

"Where are we going?"

"Dinner at our usual, then patrol, and finally some sleep at home."

Since you guys were together, Jason had mellowed out with you at least. He still had his angst and fighting moments with his family, but never as bad as before. Jason's plans for the evening was the normal weekday date night plan and hardly a sacrifice to make time to have at least one of a week. Sometimes you guys would be joined by someone during patrol (usually Damian because he likes talking with you) and sometimes you guys would have epic fights with villains. Jason learnt quickly that he would have to deal with supernatural enemies with you along as a soulmate and as a vampire himself now. 

"Did you drink some blood today?" you asked Jason.

You were not embarrassed to say that you were old enough as a vampire to not need blood anymore, but Jason was so new he couldn't survive without it. 

"Yeah, I popped by the cave to restock on blood as well, so I'm good."

You would think Jason is very chill about the whole blood drinking thing, but that's just how hard he works to mask his disgust. It's not that he is disgusted being a vampire, he loves the fangs and extra strength, but he hates the taste of blood. Well, all blood except for Y/N since they are his soulmate, but he can't drink only their blood. In the future he could, but for the moment he gets by with adding a drop or two of Y/n's blood to a cup of donor blood to make it edible. Of course he usually washes it down with a large glass of alcohol but he won't get drunk from a little bit of alcohol, vampire perks after all.

"All units, emergency alert from Red Robin near the intersection of fourth and eleventh street. All nearby units go in for rescue, repeat, all close by units prepare a rescue mission for Red Robin."

You huffed, "There goes our date night."

Jason smirked and sped up to reach the intersection a few blocks away wondering how replacement ended up in trouble this time.

"Replacement needs me to rescue him, huh? I'll gladly do it for the bragging material alone," Jason laughed.

You rolled your eyes, but let Jason have his fun as you guys pulled up to a massive fire. Jason started to look worried when he saw that there was no sign of activity in the area of a fight or Red Robin. The firefighters on the scene were working hard to evacuate people and put out the flames. 

"Y/n, is there any way you could-"

"On it."

You didn't waste a second to pull out a crystal from your pocket and recite a tracking spell for Tim. Jason grabbed his guns and parked his bike while you concentrated on where Tim was among all the chaos. Jason was walking towards you as your eyes snapped open and yo immediately started running.

"Y/n?"

Jason followed you as you ran into the alley beside the burning building and smashed the ground underneath. As a vampire you looked unassuming, but had the strength to fold steel with your bare hands. The ground gave no resistance and Jason saw the reason you were running so hard to this spot. What was underneath the building were tunnels leading to who knows where and in a pod looking thing was Tim sleeping. But the bad part was the fact that there was League of Assassins agents surrounding him.

"We need back-up, Red Robin has been captured by the League of Assassins!" Jason called on the comms.

"Jason start blasting them," you called as you jumped to their level. A big fight broke out but you and Jason were hampered by trying to keep Tim away from the Assassins. You finally pulled out your new project that was ready enough to be used in an attempt to end this fiasco. 

"Volt scintilla et manisfesta!"

In your hands was a weird device that started to generate a large amount of electricity that shot out at all your enemies. This was your new weapon that was supposed to have a large area of effect for when you had to deal with a large group of enemies. It was working, but a little too well as you noticed Jason get shocked by the device as well. 

"Sorry Jason!"

"No problem....I think."

Soon, Dick and Cass joined you guys to finish off the rest of the Assassins and to wake up Tim from the pod. You had the chance to put away your weapons and look for Jason to see how badly he was hurt. You guys left to return to your shared apartment when it was clear Jason wasn't hurt, but a bit sore from the electricity.

"I keep learning new perks of being a vampire all the time, you'd think I knew everything by now," Jason chuckled when you got home.

You shut the door then turned around to laugh at the most hilarious visual you'd ever see.

"What?" Jason asked.

Without his helmet on you saw just how badly burnt and shocked his hair was.

"You won't be so happy once you see the result of those perks in the mirror."

In the end, Jason didn't brag about saving Tim since he knew it came at a very heavy price of wearing his helmet around the other for at least a month while his hair grew out.