The Myth is Real

I got this one shot's inspiration from the au mentioned above, and it was too good to pass up on the interactions in this. I'm going to go with the Justice League Unlimited animated series version of the Justice League because it fits more with this au. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superman and his allies were trapped by the white aliens in their biggest ship and could only watch as the boss alien tried to kill J'onn. Suddenly, a projectile was thrown to an important pipe in their ship causing the liquid to turn from red to blue. Aliens shrieked when the fog machine stopped working and the sun shone through. A few bombs strategically placed caved the whole roof killing all the white aliens. Projectiles around Superman and his allies cut them free and they launched into action to destroy the rest of the aliens. When the battle was over, Superman went back to look at the projectiles and noted that they were bat shaped.

"You gotta be kidding me! You mean Batman's actually real!" Flash exclaimed when he saw the batarang. 

"Who is this Batman?" asked J'onn.

"Okay so Gotham has the highest crime rate in America, but it been going down for a few years and rumour is a guy dressed in a bat suit is the cause of it. Thing is, there are no pictures of the guy and he's never publicly seen. There's no proof that this guy exists."

"Well, whoever he is and if he's even still here, he's welcome to join our group in protecting the world. But were going to need a base for the group to work from," Superman mused.

"Thanks, but I don't do group projects," a low voice said from the shadows.

Everyone turned to where his voice came from, and Batman decided that it was time for the people to realize he was real. If only a few superheroes like himself. So he stepped out and it was comical how wide Flash's eyes widened.

"Batman's real. Oh my god, Batman's real!"

Batman was rolling his eyes underneath his mask, but stayed professional unlike Flash.

"Now about that base."

The Justice League formed that day, but Batman remained a part time member helping only occasionally on the worst missions. He did monitor duty, but from the Batcave where he could watch Tim and Damian along with Dick to keep them from fighting. Everyone who joined the League just thought Batman being a part-timer was a joke and laughed at it. Until they saw him on a battle field or in the middle of a mission and almost peed their pants. If the myth and legend that was Batman really existed they were scared about the stories of the nutcases from Gotham they'd heard about. Only a few people were brave enough to actually talk to him, and those that did discovered that he was a really big brother type of character. He watched out for everyone even if he didn't express it.

But no one knew his secret identity, not even Superman since Batman's mask was lined with lead. He wasn't easy to trust, but the founding members made no big deal of it and worked to earn his trust. They didn't go digging for reports from Gotham or question him on his life, they just treated him as a member of their team. One time a grumpy Orion asked if Batman was truly a member of the League if he couldn't even show his face in public. Anyone else would have taken the bait and saved the day in broad daylight as a response to what Orion said. Batman though, disregarded the taunt because if he wanted people to know who he was, he wouldn't wear a mask. Though the old rumour that Batman has a young partner resurfaced when a blurry photo was posted on the internet of a traffic light uniform on a flying figure.

"Batman, you don't have children working with you, do you?" Superman asked on day.

"Not without parental consent I wouldn't," was the cryptic reply he got.

Life went on and the Justice League was in attendance to the World Superhero Day parade that was hosted in Bludhaven as the guests of honor. But there were also police officers, firefighters and paramedics in attendance for safety and because they are heroes too. 

"Oh, isn't he so hot Stargirl?" Supergirl gasped.

"Who?" 

"The hunk who's riding the police bike beside Superman. Black hair and blue eyes."

Stargirl found who Supergirl was talking about and totally agreed that the young police officer was a hotty. Supergirl continued to wave to the crowd in her new costume yet they still knew who she was.

"Ooh, good eyes blondie I guess you're good for something."

"Hey, you're blond too."

Superman glanced at the officer beside him and saw that his name was Grayson and took note not to let him close to his cousin. Batman only rolled his eyes as he knew that Dick heard that and would be gloating about it to his siblings later. Batman wasn't there at the parade, but he was flying in the Batjet listening to what was going on. He was listening for trouble and good thing that he did because he learned something that even made his heart chill.

"That's the last one. Now there's a bomb for every hero attending and then some. Along with all the chaos, we can kill so many people without the hope of heroes to rescue them."

"This is an emergency League communications broadcast. Batman to all Leaguers there are bombs hidden in the crowd. I repeat, all Leaguers there are multiple bombs hidden in the crowd. Start evacuating civilians and blocking off al routes planned for the parade now!"

On the ground, Flash began running people to a shelter along with any hero who could fly. Others began rushing to find and disarm all the bombs along with the help of the local first responders. Batman had landed and told people to get on the jet harshly since their surprise made them freeze. There was around 80% of the crowd evacuated but the bombs were planned to go off sooner than they could get everyone out. Unnoticed, a figure in black and blue was swinging and running around disarming bombs left and right. 

"Did we get every bomb?" asked Green Arrow when he met up with a few others.

"Let me check," Superman said and used his x-ray vision around the whole city. He nearly had a heart attack when he saw that there was one last bomb near the city centre. They rushed for it, but it only had ten seconds at that point. Suddenly, the black and blue figure jumped down and cut the right wires shutting it off a second before it would blow.

"Oh my god, I thought I was gonna die!" the man exclaimed.

"Who are you?" Flash asked in confusion. He was good with remembering people but he'd never heard of a hero or villain dressed like the man. 

He grinned, "I'm Nightwing and I'm a friend of Mr. Mysterious there. You know B-man there's an easier way of letting me know you're popping in for a visit or if there's trouble. It's called a phone and I know you have one. Seriously, now I know where we all get the dramatics from. Anyhow, I gotta get back to work but bring your friends for brunch!" he called as he threw a smoke bomb and disappeared.

They turned to find Batman face palming with a defeated yet amused look on his face.

"Don't ask?" Wonder Woman guessed.

"Don't ask."