Chapter 25 Learning to Dance

Kyra's pov

Mihai had taken me to a new room.
On one side there was a beautiful white piano, the rest of the room was empty except for a few vases or pots with flowers and plants that stood around the sides of the room.
There were a lot of big windows with long curtain drapes.
The way the winter sunlight fell in this room made it look even more serene.

"This is the piano room, we will use it for your dancing lessons. Sarah, can you play something slow? We'll start with the English waltz."

Sarah sat down at the piano and started playing Lento in A minor by Chopin.
I watched in awe as her fingers stroked the keys, it sounded beautiful.

"Wauw, you're amazing."

I almost whispered it in admiration.
Sarah smiles as she replies.

"When you live as long as we do, you have all the time in the world to learn these things."

Mihai grabbed my hand and gently pulled me to the middle of the room.

"You can enjoy her playing while learning how to dance."

He let go of my hand and stood before me as he gazed down at me.
His blond hair seemed to glow in the sun rays.
I started to blush and quickly averted my eyes to the floor because I realized we were gonna be very close together while he was going to teach me.

"May I have this dance, young lady?"

He held out his left hand, when I took it, he placed his right hand at the back of my shoulder, pulling me in closer.

"Now place your left hand on my shoulder, your arm should be on top of mine."

I did as he instructed.
My head was as red as a firetruck by now.
I wasn't sure where to look, so I kept looking down.
I could smell his cologne, it was nice and subtle, why was I getting so nervous?

"There is no need to watch your feet."

He whispered in my ear, causing a shiver to run through my body.

"Just follow my lead. The rhythm is 1,2,3 it's easy. Slide your foot over the floor a bit when we step sidewards."

"I, I'm fine watching my feet for now."

I squeaked a bit as I tried to reply as naturally as possible.

I could hear a snicker above my head.

"You're cute when you're flustered."

"I hate you."

The way that came out made it obvious I didn't mean it.

We started dancing while Sarah continued playing.
It took me some time to get in the rhythm and remember the correct steps as well as posture.
After a while I was too focused to be flustered about the situation and I started to look up at Mihai.
He was smiling as he led me around the room, every now and then speeding up or slowing down.
I was even starting to enjoy this.
It was relaxing, and what girl wouldn't want to dance with a handsome, stylish man?
I just need to forget he is a vampire and this would be perfect.

As I got the box step part down, Mihai started showing me some variations on it.
After three hours of continuous dancing, I was exhausted.

"I think that's enough for today. I'll take you back to your room to rest."

Mihai had released his hold on me.
I nodded, I could use some rest.
This was more intensive than I had imagined.
And not just physically.

~~~

Sarah's pov

While playing the piano I watched Mihai and Kyra dance.
She's a fast learner, if she wasn't so nervous I think she would have picked it up even faster.