Chapter 32 My Underwear!

Kyra's pov

I took a look at the watch laying on my nightstand, 1 o'clock in the afternoon.
Sarah should be here soon with lunch... that is, if I'm still allowed to eat.
I wasn't really hungry but still, I did wonder what the lords next move would be.
Surely he doesn't find me entertaining at the moment.
Is he going to kill me?
Drain my blood?
Throw me down in the dungeon with the blood slaves?
Sell me maybe?
I doubt he is just going to let me go.

Sarah came up to my room with my lunch, mmm guess I'm still eating.

"You really angered the lord this time, he accepts a lot but disobedience isn't one of them."

I crossed my arms and looked away angry.
She put the plate before me with a sigh.

"You should apologize to the lord."

I looked at the plate, white bread with smoked salmon, one of my favorites. I shoved the plate away.

"What is he planning on doing to me? Is this my last meal before he kills me?"

"Not that I'm aware of."

Sarah shoved the plate back.

"You need to eat."

She gave me a stern look, reluctantly I picked up the food and slowly started to eat.

"I'm not sorry about the things I said to him. Even if I stepped out of line as his pet... I never asked for this bullshit. It's not like I am in this room or these clothes by choice. He forced all that on me and dared to call me a spoiled brat after what I've just been through because I refused to give him my worn underwear. I mean, is he a blockhead? Is it normal for vampire girls to just give that to a guy? Would you give him the underwear you have on now?"

Sarah's expression was priceless, she got all flustered and absolutely didn't know where to look.

"He asked for your worn underwear?"

"Demanded I might add, he wanted to burn them because that lewd wolf might have touched them. And it couldn't wait until you got the laundry because then he would have to burn that too."

I looked at her.

"I wished I died right there and then, you have no idea how demeaning that was. And apparently I can't even get mad over that."

"That idiot."

Sarah whispered.

"That is not even the part I'm most upset about. I'm angry that I'm forced in a position where I have to accept all this to be normal while it's not!"

Sarah sat down next to me.

"I understand you're angry, there is just nothing that can be done about it now. He is the lord and can pretty much do what he wants."

She rubbed my back to comfort me a bit.

"I can't promise anything, but maybe I can talk some sense in him. Try to sleep a bit until the tailor is here."

By the time the tailor got here I really felt like crap.
But I wasn't going to go back on my words.
I said I could stand long enough so I will.

I was standing on a small stool.
The tailor was walking around me doing the measurements.
The lord was sitting in a chair, still glaring at me, the tailor was obviously nervous about it.

Probably thinking he was the one being glared at.

"Your highness, did you have a chance to look at the designs I had sent you?"

"Mmm? Yes, I did."

He got up and walked to his desk, I was happy his attention was elsewhere for a moment.
This whole appointment was torture.