Chapter 39 Changeling

Kyra's pov

"I'll just put her at the front door and leave okay? Your parents should be able to help her."

I let Nina slide of my back and wanted to put her on the doorstep when the boy grabbed my arm again.

"Please stay until they get home. Their both working now. That's why we were alone playing in the woods."

I looked up at the sun.
Maybe getting inside was a good idea.
My headache wasn't getting any better.

"How long until they're back?"

"An hour at most, they should be back by four."

I walked inside and placed Nina on the kitchen counter, then turned on the tap.

"You have a first aid kit in the house?"

"Yes."

The boy ran to a different room.

In the mean time I cleaned the wound with water.
Biting the inside of my cheek to keep me focused on what I should be doing, not what I wanted to do.
With the first aid kit I redressed the wound, and after that I carried Nina to the couch.
I sighed and found a place to sit as far away from the kids as I could.

"Uhm... thank you for saving us."

Nina's small voice sounded from the other side of the room.

"No problem."

I kept watching the door hoping the kids parents were going to show up fast.

"Miss, I'm sorry if we bothered you. I just didn't know what to do."

The boy looked at the ground.

"That's okay, just stay over there."

I was getting more and more thirsty again.

"Why?"

The boy looked confused.
I wanted to answer his question when the parents finally got in.

"Thank god."

A sigh of relieve came from me.

"Okay your parents are here so I'm going now."

"What's going on Micheal? Why is there a young lady in her pajama's in our house covert in blood?"

The fathers harsh voice sounded intimidating.

"A wolf attacked Nina and she saved us."

Micheal explained quickly.

"A vampire saved you?"

The mother sounded surprised.

I think I turned 2 shades paler in terror as I heard her say that so casually.

"Vampire!?"

Nina and Micheal were shocked and looked at me petrified.
My eyes were just as scared as theirs as I looked back, tears already ready to flow.
She just called me what I was still trying to deny for myself.
I didn't want to believe I had really become a vampire.

"Don't worry dear, it's okay. My name is Matilda. I'm a witch of the forest and this is my family. If you like I can call your family for you. Looking at the family crest on your necklace you must be one of the Radu's."

She picked up the phone.

"Please don't call him!"

I fell on my knees and held my hands together begging.

"It... it's not a necklace, it's a collar... I just got away there, please don't send me back. I don't know what's happening to me, I'm losing my mind."