The lucky day?

Jason's P.O.V.

I was standing at the very end of the ground away from all the crowd with my friends.

"Do you guys know Anthony found his mate last week during our exam? She belongs to a neighboring pack and was visiting her aunt. And Anthony ran after her car when we were chatting in the parking after the exam. You guys should have seen his face." Said Jeremy while laughing his soul out.

"Yes, dude. He looked like his soul left his body." Added Hose.

"Finding your mate must be amazing," Lyla said dreamingly.

"I wonder when we will find our mates." Added Aiden.

"Oh please. What's so great about finding a mate. It's not that hard. You can sense it's them just by feeling. I know who my mate is." Said Emily like she does not give a damn.

"What are you talking about. You're fifteen." Aiden said with a confused look on his face.

"Ya like Lunar goddess pair up the perfect couples. They are your other half so you can know who they are when you meet them and you don't need any werewolf stuff. Like me and Jason. We are perfect for each other, we both look amazing, we have powerful wolves and we'd make a great couple. And by the way, do you know any other girl in the pack who is more suitable to be a luna than me?" she said like it was nothing complicated. "Also, Jason still has not found his mate. It is almost six months since he turned sixteen and the only answer is me, he cannot feel it because I'm still not sixteen. Just wait for a little Jason, we'll be together in a few months." She said winking at me.

I just frown. I don't even like her, I cannot be surer of her not being my mate. You guessed it right she is the annoying type. And she has been after me since God knows when. It's not like she has feelings for me, she has her eyes on the throne of Luna. Ugh, I just hate her. But I can't get rid of her. The daughter of one of the business tycoons Mr. Wither. Oh, don't get it wrong her father's wealth is all thanks to my dad who helped him start the business and who still owns the majority of the shares. But her dad is good at managing the business so gotta keep him close. And, her parents are such nice people, sometimes I wonder if she is their daughter or not.

"Well, you are not the only one who's under sixteen." Said Aiden mocking her.

"Shut up you -" she shouted at Aiden

"I think you forgot you are talking to the future beta of the pack," I said quietly and she did not finish her sentence.

And then it hit me the mesmerizing smell of strawberry, meadow, and coffee. "Mate." Said Conri (my wolf). I started following it ignoring everything that was going around me. And then I saw Owen walking straight towards me with his eyes low. He turned sixteen today and the fragrance was coming from him only. He is my mate. I was shocked and stood right where I was. But he kept walking without looking up and he bumped into me. I felt sparks where his head touched my chest. He lost balance and was about to fall but he placed his hands on my chest and I felt the burning sensation in every inch of my body. Then slowly looked up, his eyes met mine and tears started flowing from his eyes. He had a shocked, scared, disgusted look on his face. He moved away instantly still the same look on his face. I was about to talk when he dashed, he ran from beside me and went straight into the direction I was standing before and opposite from when he entered. He went straight into the woods never looking back.

Conri lost control and he just wanted to follow his mate. But I knew better, I knew the meaning of the look on his face. So, I resisted him and stood right where I was. It was not the only reason though, I was shocked too, I had so much to think about, I have done so much to him, I know there is not an easy way, I'm scared that it is him but a part of me feels happy too, I feel relieved that it is him.