Going public?

Jason's P.O.V.

"Is this ball a wrong idea?" I thought. I was debating about this for quite some time. Because the work has been increased four times. I've been barely sleeping. It's not that I have to watch over everything but everyone suddenly can't make decisions and wants my opinion on everything.

Like yesterday afternoon I just wanted to take a short nap in my office after working for twelve hours straight so I lie down on the couch in my office and the next thing you know Serra barges in because we have to decide the table cloths.

I feel like I can go feral at any moment now. The only thing that keeps me canceling the ball is Owen. We are going to be official. And I can't stop myself from blushing as I thought that.

"Official..." I said in my mind. I liked the sound of it. Conri too was enjoying this. I could feel his heart race when I thought of that word. He was smirking, I don't know what he was thinking but he seemed happy.

"HEEE...HEEE...HEEE..." Conri giggled.

"You like the sound of it?" I asked teasingly.

"Pfff... You wish. Do you know how long it has been since we found our mate? In this much time our cubs should have been finding their mates." he was mocking me.

"You know that's practically not possible," I spoke.

"Why... Why not?" he really couldn't figure out what I was saying.

"You're stupid." I was trying to irritate him. And he was lost in his thoughts. Probably trying to figure out what I meant.

I then went back to thinking about Owen and us going to be official.

"Official," I said barely uttering.

"Official..." I said a little louder. I was feeling so shy and happy at the same time. I could feel my entire face burning and I felt a butterfly in my tummy. I started giggling and spun my chair. The entire world started spinning and felt like I was levitating and going toward heaven. I was flying.

"OFFIC-" I was shouting now but stopped abruptly as someone barged into my office. "UUUGGGGGHHHH... Now what..." I said to myself. I looked at the door and it was Aiden.

"Jason. You need to look at this." He spoke. He was holding his iPad and he rushed toward me. I could tell from Aiden's expression and the way he barged into my office that this was something serious. He handed me the tablet and I looked at what he was implying.

"So our suspicion was right?" I said as I watched the images.

"Yes." he was dead serious. "But why are you looking so down?" he added after looking at me. I guess my expression must be on the sad side. "Isn't it a good thing, we figured it out on time? Otherwise, who knows what would have happened."

"Hmmm... I guess so." I said. He looked at me suspiciously with a raised eyebrow. I turned around so he could not see me. Why am I behaving like an ostrich?

"What is it, Jason? What are you hiding?" he come around me and looked into my eyes.

"Umm... You see, I and Owen," I was so nervous and shy, I could not look in Aiden's eyes so I looked at the ground and I was scratching my head. I was blushing. I just hope Aiden does not see my red face.

"You and Aiden what?" He looked like he could punch me at any moment if I said something stupid.

"Well... I and Owen... We were kinda planning on going public that day." I said looking at the ground.

"WHAT?" he shouted. "DUDE..." I looked up and he was looking at me like his soul left his body from the shock.

"What is it that shocking that we are going public?" I asked. I mean I can understand he could feel jealous and sad because he still has not found his mate and I'm going public with mine but still it's not that shocking that Owen is accepting me as his mate, right?

"What?...No..." he paused for a second. He then started messaging his forehead. "I am shocked by HOW STUPID YOU ARE," he added.

"What?" okay not gonna lie I was shocked by how he reacted. Not quite the way I imagined. "I know what you mean. I understand that it changes things and we might need to make some changes in our plan." I added.

I actually know what he meant. When we first found things out Owen and I did not agree to tell everyone about us. But when Owen suggested telling everyone I could not think of anything else. All I could think of was me with him in public and I said yes without thinking. I should have known better, but can't I just have one perfect day. Can't for once things go my way? I'm not gonna give up on this thing just like this.

"I know... I know what you mean. But can't I do this on that day? PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE" I said with puppy eyes. I was trying to persuade him. And let me tell you I'm not enjoying this but I have to do it no matter what.

Conri was not liking this conversation either. He was not sad but he was angry. I could feel the anger burning in him. He was furious. He was furious because his mate could be in danger. He wanted to run to their camp and rip everyone's throat out, who could be dangerous for his mate. But I cannot let that happen. It could be dangerous, so many lives are at stake.

"Jason." he was getting irritated. "You know this better than me. It could put Owen in danger," he said that looking into my eyes. And it felt like he was looking into my soul.

I felt what he was implying. I did not realize it until now. I feel like an adrenaline rush makes you stupid. "Fine. I will talk with Owen about this." I said reluctantly.

Why nothing ever goes my way?

"Ah! By the way, I met him yesterday," he stated.

"Who?" I asked for the sake of it. I was not paying attention to the conversation any longer. The only thing I was able to think about was how am I gonna tell Owen that we cannot go public at the ball. And then suddenly I thought, "What if he never wants to tell people again?"

"Dude. Stop it. You're being paranoid." Aiden spoke with the I'm so done with your stupidity tone.

Wait did I just say that out loud! Fuck! I was going to justify myself but he spoke before me.

"And I meant Owen. I met Owen yesterday." He added. And all of a sudden I was interested in the topic.

"Really? Where? When? How was he? Did he say anything about me?" I was going on and on. I wanted to know everything.

"Geeze calm down. We met on a street, I was checking the security arrangements for the ball and he was passing by. We chatted a little. That's it." He replied.

"I miss him," I said under my breath. I really miss him. We barely see each other and we live in the same town. All we do is text, call, and video call. I really want to see him. And I can't believe THE NEXT TIME I"LL SEE HIM, I WILL HAVE TO SAY HIM THE UNSPEAKABLE.

"But you see..." he paused, it looked like something was troubling Aiden. "He sme..." he did not finish the sentence. "Sorry it's nothing," he added and left the room. I wanted to ask him if something was bothering him but I think he will tell me when he feels like it.

And as I am alone now all I can think about is what am I gonna say to Owen?

Author's note:

What the actual fuck. You know I don't even have words to describe how I feel right now. Just when I thought that things were good something pops up. 

I mean I was waiting for them to go public and now what is all this Aiden talking about? it sounds serious and Owen's life could be in danger!!! I mean I want them to tell everyone but not if that puts my baby in danger.

You better figure something out Jason because I swear I will make your life a living hell if anything goes wrong. 

But all things aside, what do you guys think they are talking about? I know you guys have some crazy imagination so let's hear them. Let me know through comment.

And let me give you a hint, it's not something out of nowhere and it's not a new plot. This plot has been in the story for a very long time. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Vote share and comment.

Love you all.