Stupid roughs!

A week earlier

Owen's P.O.V.

"I thought I told you to take care of everything and not to bother me until I come back!" Jason said he was irritated because we had decided to spend the day together. And then he got a call from Aiden saying there was an emergency and we had to come back to the pack house.

Jason was furious and ranting the whole way, I tried to tell him that it was alright but he was really looking forward to this day and he had this whole thing planned out that I don't know of because it was a surprise. But that all went down the drain.

"It better be really serious..." He glared at Aiden.

"Can we talk in your office?" Aiden spoke completely ignoring Jason and me. He looked serious. I have never seen Aiden with such expressions before. Jason felt that too and it looked like how bad the situation was. And then we followed Aiden to Jason's office.

Aiden closed the door as soon as we entered, he looked anxious. He placed his tablet on the table and we all surrounded it. There were pictures of smoke rising from the middle of the forest. Aiden slid to the next picture; it was a picture of a camp.

"They are the roughs, the same ones that attacked the blue moon pack and we almost wiped them out," Aiden said and that was enough to explain everything. They attacked the blue moon pack and the alpha asked for help from our pack. Jason and our army not only eradicated those roughs but they killed almost every rough who was there. Which led the blue moon pack to emerge itself with us, and that's why this ball is happening.

"I feel like they are gonna attack at the ball," Aiden added. Jason was still looking at the pictures. Then suddenly he zoomed in on one of the pictures and it looked like some kids were sitting forming a small crowd.

"They still have not changed. Those assholes." Jason said in a low voice. "I'll make sure that they beg for death." He added.

"What should we do?" Aiden waited for Jason's order.

"First, find out about these kids," Jason said, still not looking away from the tablet. He looked furious like he would burn the entire world.

"Okay," Aiden said and left the office.

It was suddenly quiet. There were only two of us in the room. I looked at him and he looked so troubled. "Hey" I spoke, I did not know what to say.

He looked up and hugged me, letting go of the tablet. He rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel his heavy breaths on my neck. "I don't want them to be hurt," Jason said. I knew he meant the children. "I don't want them to get hurt. Why won't they leave the young ones alone?" He said.

I pulled away and held his head with both my hands, making him look right into my eyes. "I know everything will be alright. We are gonna save those kids. Nothing's gonna happen to them." I lied wishing for him to feel better. I know I should not lie, I know I can't say if the kids will be alright but I want to believe that. I want that to be true. I don't want him to feel like this.

"Owen..." He paused, it was like he did not want to complete the sentence.

"Hum..." I hummed asking him to continue.

"Let's... Let's not tell them at the ball ?" He said as he gripped my waist tightly.

"..." I didn't know what he meant

"Let's not tell everyone that we are mates at the ball." He was holding me tighter. I knew what he was feeling. He did not want this. "I mean they are probably targeting the ball and what if they do something to you after finding out that you are my mate," he added.

"JASON..." I said pushing out of his arms. "Are you gonna snap out of it or not?" He looked surprised. "The kids are gonna be okay and those bastards will pay for their crime. And I'm telling everyone at the ball." I don't know why but I was getting angry. I want everyone to know about us. "And I also trained with you throughout the school. Don't you remember?" I added. "I may not be as strong as you but I can handle a few roughs on my own."

"I know but..." He was about to speak but I cut him off.

"If the only reason for you to say that is that you are worried about me then I'm not gonna listen to what you say." I was narrowing my eyes, challenging him. "And what about the future... are you gonna be like this forever? What after we get married? Will you keep following me every second of the day?" I didn't realize what I said, I was irritated. But when I comprehend the words, suddenly I felt so shy. I felt my cheeks burning up. Jason was the same. His eyes were wide open and he was blushing.

"Marriage..." He was still hazed.

"What... What I mean is that I can take care of myself and if I need your help you will be there. I trust you." I tried to delete the memory of what I said a second ago from my mind.

"Um... Okay...Let's tell them at the ball." Jason said and hugged me again. He was not letting me go today. But I know how he is feeling. I know why he is feeling like this. He placed his head on my shoulder and tightened his grip around my waist. I just want him to feel okay but I can't do anything right now. I don't know what to say that would make him feel better. So, I just hugged him back making myself comfortable in his arms.

"So when do you wanna be mine..." Jason spoke. His head was still on my shoulder.

"What?"

"I mean when do you plan to marry me?" He teased me. And I knew I'm gonna regret what I just said a big time.

"JASON!" I tried to get away but he held me tighter.

Two days later we found out that the roughs were holding kids from the blue moon pack hostage, and somehow Aiden also managed to find out why they were holding them hostage. They wanted the blue moon pack to help them in entering the ball. I know Aiden is good with things like this but I was surprise how detailed information he gathered. 

Author's Note:

Guess who's back in the business? 

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya...ya I know it has been crazy long since I last updated but my life took a gigantic sudden turn and I was adjusting to the new life. But still I'm sorry I was not able to upload sooner. However, I'll be uploading regularly from now. I really want to finish this story.

I hope you did not miss me much while I disappeared.

Hope you all have a nice week. Love you all.