Surprise!!!

Owen's P.O.V.

After walking for what felt like an eternity we were at the stage. Jason walked to the middle of the stage and I stood next to him. Everyone gathered around and the path disappeared. The hall was giant but still, it felt so tiny and crowded.

"Um...Hello to everyone who has gathered here today for this celebration. I am Jason Wolfe, the alpha of the Crimson Cresent Pack." Everyone in the crowd went wild and started cheering. The cheers kept going on and on. And Jason was laughing warmingly accepting their love. After some time the cheers subsided a little. I can only imagine his popularity now. I knew he was the alpha so he must be loved by many but this was beyond my imagination. He looked like a superstar playing at a concert. "I warmly welcome you all here. I hope you all enjoy your time with us." He started his speech.

"I won't bore you today with a long speech. But I just want to mention the wonderful things we are celebrating today." Everyone was concentrating on his every word and the room was dead silent. "Firstly, this mansion is finally ready and I hope you all like this property. Thank you, Mr. Wilson and his team for this beautiful architecture." He said, extending his hand towards Mr.Wilson who was standing in the crowd. And Mr. Wison raised his glass accepting the praise. And everyone started clapping.

"Then we are celebrating the new members in our pack. The Blue Moon pack has decided to merge itself into our pack. I, as the representative of the Crimson Cresent Pack, welcome you all in the family." He said and everyone started cheering. It was the reason this ball was being celebrated.

"And now as we are done with the reason for this celebration, I would like to make an announcement," Jason said and I knew what he was going to say. I suddenly felt like someone choked me.

'It's already done, Owen. It's not a big deal. Just look at him. Just look at him.' I said to myself and shifted my vision from the crowd to Jason. And he was glowing. He was shining, shining brighter than the sun. He was warm. And in that, in him, I lost all my fears. And I could not help but smile.

"It's more like an introduction. I want to introduce you all to my mate, Owen." He said and extended his hand in my direction. He has the warmest smile as he fought for years and he conquered the world but after all that now he is finally home. He was happy. I don't think I have seen him this happy ever before.

The crowd fell silent. I forced myself to look away from him. When I looked at the crowd they all were looking at me. All of their eyes were on me.

'Did they not like me?' I thought. My feet were getting weaker and weaker with every second. 'Do they think I'm not good enough for their alpha? What if because of me Jason will be in trouble? What am I gonna do? What should I do?' my mind was coming up with the worst scenarios.

I looked again at Jason. He was also looking at the crowd and he was as shocked as me. This was not the reaction that any of us thought. Like I thought about the worst-case scenarios and the best scenarios but this was something else. What are we supposed to make of this silence?

Then out of nowhere someone from the crowd shouted "FINALLY!". And everyone started laughing. The room was echoing with thousands of people laughing together.

I was so confused. What? What is going around here? I can't understand what they meant by this. So, I was standing there with my mind completely blanked out. And I felt that Jason was also in the same position.

I ran my eyes through the entire crowd and saw my parents and Hailey laughing with the rest of the people, Andrei was doing the same. And in the front was ex-alpha and luna, Jason's Parents, Gregory and Hazel. And they were just like the others. At this point, I was a little scared. Was everyone hallucinating? Is there something wrong with everyone? Has some mysterious power from another dimension infiltrated the ball and with some twist this controlled everyone's mind and is making them laugh like this?

I looked at Jason and he was looking at his parents with a 'Give me an explanation look.

"Mom - Dad?" He asked in a low voice.

"We...We...All...Knew..." Mrs. Wolfe said barely able to speak because she was laughing so hard. I figured she meant 'We all knew.'

"I guess it was not much of a surprise. But I hope you all still enjoy your time here." Jason said trying to keep his composure but he sure sounded weird. We both got off the stage and went straight to his parents. My parents also came forward and joined us.

"Mom what do you mean you all know? How...Since when...I mean..." Jason was the same as me. I had so many questions so I was also struggling with what to ask first. "Forget it... How many people knew?" He finally made up his mind.

"I'd say everyone in the pack." my mom replied before Mrs.Westwood can speak and then they both started laughing.

"I mean what did you think after making that whole scene here five years ago, turning into your wolf and chasing Owen to the railway station and then coming home crying almost naked? How stupid do you think we are?" Mrs.Wolfe said.

"Wait...You guys knew since then?" Jason was surprised.

"Oh come on you practically went insane for a couple of months. You wouldn't eat or sleep or leave your room and then suddenly start crying. That was pretty clear what it all meant." She replied.

"Sorry?" I said. I didn't know anything about that. And then I realized he was in the same pain as Vlad. he must have been hurt so much.

"MOM!" Jason rolled his eyes toward me, hinting to his mom that I was standing right there.

"Why do you think Mr. and Mrs. Westwood brought that hoodie for you? It's because we asked them." I was not sure what hoodie she was talking about.

"Mom, dad what are they talking about?" I whispered to my parents, hoping they would give me an explanation.

"NOTHING...NOTHING..." Jason shouted. He seemed worried.

"Wait, did you guys know about us too?" I asked my parents. It suddenly came to me. But the way they reacted back home when Jason picked me up was not of someone who already knew.

"Of course we did. Jason told us everything after you left five years ago." my mom said.

"Honey, you know what? Your mom and luna are the admin of your Fanclub." My father added.

"WHAT!!!" I and Jason both spoke at the same time.

Author's note:

Well well, I don't know about you all but this chapter was a roller coaster ride for me. 

My expressions during this chapter:

First... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (saying like when you fangirl/boy after your favorite singer)

They told the entire pack. Finally.

Secondly... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (saying like when you saw a kitten sleeping)

They are nervous...they are so cute.

Thirdly... AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Saying it like when you saw a ghost)

They all already knew?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the direction the story is going. I know I have not been very regular in updating the story recently but I have my reasons. Don't worry it's something really good. It's just that because of it I'm really busy right now. I hope you all understand and bear with me.

Love you all.