We can always start again

Owen's P.O.V.

And then I realized I could feel Vlad. He still fainted, he is not in pain, But I can feel him. He is lying down. But I can feel him, I can feel Vlad.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything," I said to Vlad, but I'm sure he did not listen. But I will not do the same thing twice, I'm never gonna do anything that would hurt Vlad, never.

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize when I reached my home. I opened the door and said, "I'm home.". I heard people running and in an instant, my family was standing in front of me.

"Where have you been? Do you even know how worried we were?" My mom said. She has been crying, also my father and Hailey looked like they cried.

"I was exploring the town, so many things have changed over these five years." I lied. What, I was not going to say that I was at the hideout of the wizard I helped five years back and I fainted there when he removed the spell he cast on me five years ago. "Why did anything happen?" I asked.

"Well, you say. Your son comes home after five years who did not step a foot in the town all those years and who does not have any friends in the town and he disappeared for an entire day. What were we supposed to think?" my mom sounded angry.

"Aw...were you worried that someone might have killed me?" I asked as I entered the living room trying to make a joke.

"Don't say something like that. You know how worried we all were?" my dad said in an angry tone.

"Yes. You could have at least told me, imagine how surprised I was when I did not see you in the house." Added Hailey.

"Okay, okay. I will inform you if I am running late. But you guys do know that I'm not the same child who was bullied anymore. I have lived on my own for five years and I survived. I can take care of myself." I said. Well, I was a little offended now by the way they treated me. They were surprised like the realization just hit them That I have grown up. No one dared to speak. "So please don't worry anymore. I'll be fine. I'm going to my room, I'm tired and I had dinner, I'm gonna sleep like a log." I said as I went into my room closing the door behind me. My heart was racing I will not be able to sleep tonight.

I lay on my bed and start surfing my phone trying to not think about things. Things like me and Vlad, his pain, my pain, my mate, Jason. He does not seem like he was in high school, it feels like he has changed. Wait... the thought hit like a giant stone on my head. If Vlad was suffering because he was not able to be by his mate then Jason's wolf must have been suffering the same. Ad if I was not in pain because of the spell Jess cast on me, that means Jason must have been in the same pain for the past five years.

Oh my God, how many people I have hurt? His wolf did nothing wrong, Vlad did nothing wrong. But because of my selfish goal, they had to suffer. And how was Jason able to survive the pain? How did he endure that for five years, I could barely endure it for seconds? He did some bad things but he did not deserve to be in this much pain. And why did he say nothing over the years? Why did he say nothing even after he saw me? Why did he say that I do not have to love him back? Why did he endure it without uttering a word, without even letting me realize that he was hurting so much? I said he is a monster, I told him he will always be a monster for me, but in reality, I'm the monster. How can I hurt someone so bad?

I was crying, tears would not stop flowing from my eyes and my voice would not come from my mouth, even when I sobbed only air came out. I buried my head in the pillow. I don't know if I was angry with myself, hating myself, or feeling sorry for Vlad, Jason, and his wolf. I don't know. I just know that I'm a monster. I can't live like that. I don't deserve to live, but I can't die either. I can't let things be the same anymore. It has to change.