The new alpha!

Owen's P.O.V.

There were like a thousand people in the ballroom, but it was completely silent. It was so silent that you could hear people breathing. No one knew what to do after Jason and the soldiers left.

The Blue Moon pack was in the center and everyone else was standing towards the walls keeping their distance from them. Some were looking at them with disgust, some with shock, some with anger, and some with pity. But no one knew what to say or to do.

The only people moving all around the hall were the cleaning staff. Some were taking away the dead bodies of the roughs on stretchers, and some were busy cleaning the blood off the walls and the floor. They were running in all directions. They were the only ones who looked alive, everyone else was frozen in their place, and everyone else with their fine clothes and accessories looked like statues on display in a museum or mannequins at a boutique.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a gentle hand caressing my back, I looked around and It was my mother. Next to her was my father and there were Mr. and Mrs. Wolfe too.

"Are you all right, honey?" my mom asked. They must have been concerned because I was standing alone and looking all around the place.

"Yes, I am fine." I was telling the truth. "I'm just worried about the blue moon pack," I added.

"I feel you. It must be really hard on them" my mom replied.

"And they are the center of attention, every eye in this room is looking at them." my father added.

"You know Owen..." Mrs. Wolfe spoke, grabbing my attention. "You are the future alpha of this pack. Jason has gone to save the children but who is going to put the minds of these people at ease?" She asked almost implying that I should talk with them.

"I want to talk with them, I wanna tell them that it's going to be alright," I said looking at the blue moon pack members.

"Good." Mrs.Wolfe agreed.

"I just don't know how," I said looking at her.

"Why don't you just say what you are feeling," she answered, making it sound like it was nothing. Maybe for her, it was a piece of cake, she always knows what to say, she is always elegant, and she is always right. But I'm not her.

"Just believe in yourself, Because I believe in you." Mrs. Wolf said when I didn't reply to her. It was like she read my mind. She said it looking into my eyes, with her alluring eyes it was like she engraved those words on my soul.

"Okay." I didn't know what came over me but I felt like I could do anything and consoling the blue moon pack members was no big deal.

After that, I walked up to where the blue moon pack members were standing. They have not moved an inch since Jason left. They looked terrified and broken. It was like their world collapsed and they had no will to live. Some of them were clearly having a hard time holding back their tears. Some of them were holding their partner's hand like there was no tomorrow. Some were leaning on their partners, it felt like they had no energy left and their legs gave up.

I stopped in front of their alpha who was standing with their luna in the front. Luna had her hands wrapped around the left hand of the alpha. She was leaning on him while the alpha was standing still like a statue. His eyes fixed on the ground, his shoulder hung low. The despair engulfed his face. They were so lost that none of them saw me coming.

"Um..." I tried to speak. And all their faces rose up and stared straight at me. Not only them but everyone in the ballroom looked at me. At this point when I realized the gaze of all these people on me, the strength I felt after hearing Mrs. Wolfe left my body and my mind went numb. I didn't know what to say. What was I supposed to say?