Welcome back to Lahpiaro

Present-day

Owen's P.O.V.

I still can't believe I'm going back. I going back to Lahpiaro. It has been five years. I did not visit after I left, not even once. It's not that I didn't miss it. I missed my family so much. My mom and dad, their goofy expression to make me laugh, them lecturing me, and much more. It's funny, the things and moments about your loved one that you hate the most and feel embarrassed about, you miss those moments most when you are away from them. I always felt embarrassed when my parents would come to any competition I participate in or any event, and then my mom would suddenly start to cheer, shouting my name, my dad following her. And them playing those old disco songs on TV and doing their stupid dance, they would also pull me and Hailey to join them. And I could never stop laughing. Then I felt stupid and embarrassed but now that I did not have them around for five years, I would go back to memory lane and all those memories make me happy, I wish I could still do that with them. Hailey has grown so much, she is a senior in high school the same high school I went to, and she is a badass as I thought. We are siblings but she is nothing like me. She is bold, straightforward, and simply amazing. She has the aura that intimates you even if she just looks at you, she makes it clear who's the boss when she's in the room.

I have changed a lot. In these five years, I learned to stand up for myself, I learned that there's nothing wrong with me and I'm normal just like everyone else, well that is if they are werewolves. I learned to stand up for myself. I learned that I do not have to stand still if someone throws a punch at me, even if that someone is the future alpha. I met so many great people in Lunardale. And most important of all I made friends, well not that many. Also, I have one best friend who helped me all this time in Lunardale. I was not afraid to talk to my colleagues and I learned that it is nice to have a conversation with people. I now talk with people other than my family, I still find it hard to trust someone but I'm not scared to talk or to talk back. I completed my B.Arch. degree. I learn that it is a wonderful world around me if I just look around. When I was in high school I used to walk with my eyes lowered, always staring at the ground, to not make eye contact with anyone. But I learned that the clear blue sky really does look amazing, I like seeing the world and I do not keep my eyes fixed on the floor anymore. And finally, I have the courage to go back.

Also, Vlad has not talked to me once in these five years, I know he is not dead because I'm still breathing. If he was dead, I'd die too. But it's like I'm a human, I have not shifted in five years too. I don't know what is the reason, well I kind of have some speculation. One, he is angry at me for leaving our mate and moving away, which is the most suitable. I don't know what Jason is doing now, all I know is he did a degree in Business and he is now the alpha of the pack. That is the only conversation I had with my parents about him in these five years and also how he came to the railway station when I left and how he told my parents that we are mates. Thank God he was late, and my train left the station because if not I would still be in Lahpiaro, don't know doing what. These past five years were the best of my life, there were moments I missed my family but it was bearable. I know it was much better than the things I would have to see if I was in the Lahpiaro.

I still don't know if I'm ready to face Jason, I don't know what would he do. The memories of him tormenting me are distant now but I can never forget them, I still feel the pain whenever I remember those days. I don't know what I'm gonna do if Jason shows up in front of me. I don't want to be his mate. I can never forgive him for what he did.

'He could have found someone and moved on,' I say to myself. Yes, that's possible, maybe he found someone, and now he is screwing him/her. That would be best. But I'm not sure, so, I'm planning to hide from him or at least ignore him as long as I'm there. I know it's impossible but I can try.

The second reason that comes to my mind is the Jess guy. I met him on the night of my sixteenth birthday and he did some weird magic stuff on me. I always wondered what it was and if it has any connection with Vlad not speaking with me. He is also one of the reasons I'm going back. But I'm still not sure if he would still be there. The chances are almost zero, it has been five years, he could not be hiding in the dark woods. But I still wish to find him.

Also, the Crimson Cresent Pack has gained popularity and reputation in these five years. We are now the largest pack in the USA. That happened after Jason took control Four Years ago, we acquired many neighboring packs through negotiations and wars. The pack is most powerful, but Jason is known as one of the cruelest leaders. He has a reputation of never forgiving anyone, and the punishments are either death or being exiled (or in other words death, only just a more painful one). Like this one-time Alpha of Silver Moon pack said some stuff about Jason and his leadership, the words got to Jason, and next thing you know the Silver Moon Pack lost to The Crimson Cresent Pack, and the entire family of the Alpha and Beta was killed by slicing their throat in front of people of both the packs. Well, why am I not surprised. It was my best decision to leave before that stupid asshole became the alpha. But now I'm going back, however, I'm sure as long as Vlad won't butt in I won't fall into that stupid alpha's arms. No, that's not right, I will never fall into that jerk's arms even though Vlad butts in.

I'm sitting on the train To Lahpiaro and I'm lost in all these thoughts. I'll be there in five minutes, and the first thing I have to do is to report that I'm back to the alpha (the present alpha, Jason) as it is compulsory to show respect to the alpha and let him know of your presence. Well, there goes the idea of hiding from that jerk. But luckily, I knew I'd have to report back and so I've already made a plan, plan to report back to alpha without seeing that jerk and without letting him know. So far everything is going as planned, and if everything goes smoothly that asshole will not know about me for at least two days.

I really hope I get two days free from that jerk.

Author's note:

Owen is finally going back after five years. 

I wonder what happened with him during these five years? 

Will I open the Pandora's box or will I not? Evil laugh...

P.s. I want to thank @turtle9henderson, @leeannmurray77 and @naruto_uzumaki0963 for their support. I hope you like this story.

Also, How can I forget @TarynsAmazinWife, I love all your comments.

Love ya all.