A Surprise attack ?

Owen's P.O.V.

"Make a noise and you die." He spoke in a low voice right in my ear. I did as he told me and did not utter a word. He pushed me and led me to where people were dancing. He was pushing me from the back all this time. I heard people gasp as their attention drew toward us. He stopped when we were right in the center of the dance floor. He turned me around and howled loudly.

I was standing with a giant knife on my throat ready to slice it. Truthfully I was not scared. Actually, I was not feeling anything at all. My mind was blank. There was no thought being processed in it. Vlad was ready to take the charge and attack. He also let out a loud howl to let me know that he wanted to shift. But I can't shift now. I'm pretty sure by the time I shift he will run that knife.

So I just stood there. I glanced around the crowd as people were moving back from us. They looked like they were ready to attack him. However, they were not moving because I think they were scared that this bastard would harm me.

And then the entire place shook with a terrifying howl. It felt like it was a declaration of war. Like the God of death was ready to dance on the dead bodies of the perished souls. It sounded like the wrath of the Goddess, no It felt like death. It was more than terrifying. It felt like helplessness like you know your demise is near and you can see it but you can't do anything. I felt my soul tremble in terror. Vlad was scared too. He buried his head in the ground and did not dare to look up.

I ran a glance through the people in the crowd. The same people who were ready to attack were not standing with their heads lowered. I felt the asshole who kept me hostage tremble. He was scared too. He knew what was going to happen to him.

I looked in the direction from where the terrifying howl was heard. I knew who it was, Jason. He was standing there ready to jump on that bastard. His eyes were pitch black, I mean like his entire eye socket was pitch black. His canines were growing and his nails turned into claws. He already looked big but I felt he ballooned up and his clothes were ripped. Behind him stood Aiden and many bodyguards.

"Take...Take a step forward and this bitch dies." the asshole who held a knife at my throat said. He sounded scared. Jason was growling. "Come forward, guys," he spoke and some people moved forward from the crowd which circled us. He is not the only person who infiltrated the ball. They all stood behind us and stared at Jason and his people.

Jason was struggling to hold himself back. It felt like he would attack at any moment.

"So, How does it feel like to be not able to save your people?" The asshole said and started laughing. He sounded like a psychopath." You... You will know the pain of losing your people. We'll make sure of it. It is time for the sweet revenge. You..." he was saying. He was immersed in this. For a split second, he moved his hand and direct the knife that was on my throat to Jason.

'Stupid.' I thought in my mind.

"NOW!" Jason shouted and it was the signal we all were waiting for.

I twisted his hand in which he was holding the knife. He was taken aback. He dropped the knife. I then turned him around and threw him in the direction Jason was standing. He landed straight at Jason's feet. And then I heard like a hundred gunshots. Hundreds of bullets flew around me and all of his partners who infiltrated the ball fell to the ground. Their bodies lay motionless in a puddle of blood.

Their leader who was now laying in front of Jason looked terrified, he looked like he just glanced into his death's eye. He was trying to get up but failing over and over. He was struggling to move away from Jason who was slowly walking towards him. Jason looked like he would eat that son of a bitch alive. He howled again, it was like he was threatening his prey. And I suddenly felt something wet under my left foot. It was the blood of the bodies that lay motionless on the ground. I moved away from there.

I looked up and looked again at Jason. He bent over to face that shitface, their faces were leveled. The poor thing tried to escape but Jason grabbed him by the throat and raised him above the ground. His entire body hung high from the ground with his neck in Jason's right hand. Jason was squeezing it slowly increasing the pressure. I think he wants that bastard to give a slow horrifying death.

"You... You thought you can infiltrate my home and try to harm my people! I'm not sure if you are brave or stupid." He said in a deep voice which gave me chills. The sucker was struggling to breathe and was about to pass out. "And not only that...you had the AUDACITY TO THREATEN MY MATE!" he said and threw that jackass over to his bodyguards.

He was still alive and started to take deep breaths to get as much air in him as possible. "please...PlEaSe...Spa...spare me...I'll tell you every... everything..." he said as he tried to breathe.

Jason smirked and said "Oh! But what to do... I already know everything.'' He looked like a psychopath. "Take him away." He ordered and his bodyguards dragged that shitface as well as all the bodies away.

As soon as they were out of the scene Jason ran to me and started to sniff and check me for if I have any injury. "I'm all right," I said. And he stopped. He was holding my shoulder and looking into my eyes. "I told you I can do this," I added and smiled a little. He smiled back and hugged me. All the people in the ball started to chant out names. After a while he let me go and the cheers subsided.

After a second he looked away from me and to the crowd. His expression changed. He looked so desperate, scared, and relieved when he looked at me but now as he looked in the distance somewhere in the crowd he looked infuriated. "Can we have a word in my office?" He said. He meant it for the alpha of the blue moon pack who just joined our pack.

The alpha of the blue moon pack knew who Jason was saying that to. He looked like his soul left his body. Beside him stood his wife and Luna of the blue moon pack who was on the verge of crying. And their people were standing behind them in a crowd equally scared and some were crying too. Luna had her arm wrapped around her husband's arm and was looking at him. The alpha gently moved her hand away and walked toward Jason slowly. His shoulders were bent forward and he was looking at the ground.

He stood in front of Jason. Jason was about to walk toward his office but before that, the alpha fell onto his knees. And started confessing.

"It was all my doing... My pack had nothing to do with it. Please spare them. I'll accept any punishment you feel would justify my action." He was looking sad and scared but he was trying to protect his people. "I helped those roughs break in." there were whispering sounds from the crowd.

"You..." Jason was about to say something but he was cut short.

"And I don't regret it, even if I had a chance to decide again... I would still do the same." He looked determined. He stopped talking and the room fell silent. His shoulders hung low and he was looking at the ground.

"I know that..." Jason said. "And I'd do the same if I was in your shoes," he added. Everyone in the room was surprised including the pack members of the blue moon pack, their luna, and the alpha who was still on the ground but now finally looked up. "I know they have kidnapped the children from your pack." Jason was walking toward the alpha of the blue moon pack.

"Don't worry," he spoke as he extended his hand toward him. "We'll save them." he had a comforting and forgiving smile. The smile felt like the bone fire in the cold winter night. The smile that can brighten up the entire universe. The smile that can bring rain to the dessert.

Author's note:

Well that ended quickly... LOL... And what is up with these wolves why do they always go after the children... I tell you if this continues I will have to take the matter inn my hand. I mean they are kids. Just don't get the kids involved in something so shitty like this.

Also is it just me or did Jason looked real hot in this chapter.

Okay people this is the only update for this week. I know I have not updated in a while and I'm just uploading one chapter today. But I'm moving to the other side of the globe ,i.e., to Los Angeles, USA. And I'm going to fly within a week so I have so much to do. Thank you all for understanding me so far without any explanation from my side.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I'll start uploading as soon as I can. Have a nice weekend. Love you all.