The heaven

Owen's P.O.V.

"Jess!" I said. I guess I don't have any choice. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. "Well, here goes nothing," I said and jumped into the lake with closed eyes.

I felt my feet touch the ground in a second. 'Wait! What happened? Am I already at the bottom? But why am I not feeling the water?' I was talking to myself. I opened my eyes and my jaw dropped when I saw the scenery in front of me. I was so awed that no word was coming out my mouth. My mind went blank, and I was charmed.

"Did I die? Am I in heaven? What happened?" I asked. I could not see anyone but I still spoke, hoping that someone would hear it.

"Welcome to my home." I heard a masculine voice from behind me. I was startled and jumped to face him.

"JESS. Don't do that." I said as I saw jess standing there.

"What? What did I do?" he asked. He was serious. He does not know what he did wrong. I could not answer that.

"Is this where you live?" I asked trying to move on, I did not want to spend time explaining to him what he did wrong.

"Yes," He replied. He was indifferent, how can he have a straight face when we are seeing something this marvelous. I was again looking at the scenery around us.

"Where are we? I've never seen something so beautiful in my entire life." I paused for a second taking everything in. "Did you teleport us? Or are we in some other dimension?" I asked still looking at the nature around us.

"No. and No. This is the dark woods." He answered.

We were on a hillock. And in front of us was the most beautiful valley surrounded by similar hillocks from all sides. There were relics on every hillock. One relic was behind us, it had beautiful carving on it and it stretched to the sky. It looked like it was made out of stone but the color was unrealistic. It was cadet grey; I've never seen such stones. There was something written on it in a language I could not read.

The hills were lush green. Covered with trees, bushes, and grass. In the middle of the valley, there was a wooden house, it looked like a cottage but it was big. On the right side of the house was a lake, the water was sparkling in shades of orange, yellow, and sky blue, reflecting the morning sun. It gave the illusion of being filled with elixir. A dirt road was leading to the house from where we stood. It stretched in all directions and everywhere with curves like a snake.

The entire space was filled with trees and plants. Some were normal, some spooky, and come straight out of a fairytale. Like there were some common trees you see in every corner of the town. I do not know if the trees here are different, they looked the same to me. But there were these trees with black trunks and golden leaves and when I say golden, I do not mean golden like drying leaves, I mean Golden as in jewelry, sparkling golden. Then there were these trees with blood-red trunks and dark blue leaves and it looked like they were bleeding. There were these grey plants with yellow flowers looking like lanterns.

But most beautiful of them all was the tree at the lake-shore. It was gigantic, it must be six-story tall. Its trunk was a mixture of white and grey, like the color of cooled-down ash. And it had leaves with three different colors, pink, magenta, and purple. Its trunk and leaves complemented each other. I was looking at it and I felt like nothing else mattered, I just want to keep looking at it. It was pulling me. It was pulling me like the fire pulls the moth.

"Hello! Hey!" Jess said shaking me. "If your eyes are pleased let's go to my house." He added as I finally looked at him. He started walking on the trail down the hill that led to the house. I started to follow him.

We were walking in silence because my attention was what was surrounding us. It was so beautiful, so beautiful to pay attention to anything else. After a few minutes, I could see the house, and it was much bigger than I thought. It was made out of dark oak wood. The entire building was built on a giant platform made of the same wood. And enough space was left on the platform on all the sides to sit and enjoy the outsides. The front porch was beautifully decorated with climbers with different kinds of flowers some white, some purple, and some dark blue dark enough to seem like black.

On the right, the platform extended to the lake. On that side facing the lake was a big swing, it was made of two trees. Alive trees, their trunk was black and they looked like there were designs carved on them but it was natural. The trunks worked as the pillars for the swing. The swing was made of the prop roots that hung from the branches of that tree like a banyan tree. And the beautiful silver leaves that covered the branches worked as the shade. It was the most beautiful swing I have ever seen.

The house was two-story-tall and quite spacious, as an architect, I can say the exterior of the house and the shape were beautifully done. It did not look flat and neither looked too lavish, it was simple but intriguing. It was cozy but big enough. It felt soothing, it felt like a warm blanket in the snowy night. I have to say this place was something far beyond ordinary and this place is in the middle of the dark woods.

"Welcome, please feel at home," Jess said with a smile that said I'm so glad you came to my place as he opened the door for me.

Author's note:

Can someone help me pack? Because I'm moving to Jess's place.

he has been living in this heaven for a long time, I've decided, I'm taking over on his place.

Who else want to go there?

I know this is a small chapter but I just wanted to describe the place Jess, lives in. I think  that place holds a lot of secret, I don't know if I'm right but I do have my doubts.

Let me know what you think about this chapter through the comments. I love reading them.

Thank you for your love and support. hope you enjoyed this ride through heaven.

Vote share and comment

Love you all.