Dandelions

Owen's P.O.V.

"Hey," He says with a big comforting smile "Are you ready?"

"Yes!" I said nervously. He was looking so good that it was making me more nervous. I never felt this way before, whenever I saw him before I only felt pain but it's different now. Something is changed, I don't know what caused this change maybe it's because I felt bad for him because he suffered so much or maybe it was because I finally came to accept that he is my mate. 'Don't think about it, you cannot be nervous now, you're going on the interview. He's just dropping you off." I keep saying to myself, but Vlad is not helping. He is going crazy and wants to rip all the clothes Jason is wearing. 'Calm down! Calm Down!' I say to Vlad as well as myself.

"Good!" He said with the same kind smile.

"um... Wait a minute let me check if I have everything." I said and checked all the stuff in my bag. "Okay, I've got everything. Let's go." I said and we started walking to his car which was parked right in front of my house. A black Mercedes. He opened the door and gestured for me to take the seat. He went around and took the driver's seat after I was seated.

"I...I...Don't...DoN't get me wrong...But I have...I have something for you." He said looking at me. He then got a small box wrapped with blue gift wrap from the back seat. He then handed it to me.

"You...You...really didn't have to..." I was hesitant to take the gift. I don't know if I should.

"Please...I really want you to have this..." he said still holding the box in front of me.

I did not want to hurt his feelings so I took it. However, I did not open it. I looked at Jason and he was looking at me with sparkling eyes, he was eagerly waiting for me to open the box. So, I started to unwrap the box, layer after layer I carefully removed all the wrappers. It was a navy blue box, the one you get your jewelry in. There must be some jewelry in it. I opened the box and it was a necklace. A silver chain necklace with one black stripe and a small spherical pendant like a crystal ball. There were dandelion seeds placed in the glass sphere. It was beautiful, it looked really costly.

"I...I...love it. It's so beautiful." I said, I was really happy. I saw his face light up and I guess he would have seen the same expression on my face. I was really happy. "But I can't accept this...this looks too costly," I said trying to hand him the box.

"No...No... It's nothing. Please keep it." He said with puppy eyes. "You are not supposed to return gifts... you know that right?" He said with that king smile and the puppy eyes, I was melting.

"But-"

"No but...nothing. Please keep it." He said. "You know what dandelions represent?" he asked.

"I know that if you blow all the seeds out in one try, the person you love would fall for you," I said looking straight into his eyes. And his cheeks became red like tomatoes, he was blushing so hard.

"N...No...NO...it has OTHER meaning too..." He was nervous. He really looks so cute today. This is so different from the strong and masculine alpha aura he has all the time. "It...It symbolizes HOPE AND GROWTH." His cheeks were still red. "As you are going for the interview today I wanted to give you this. I wish that as we only blow dandelion seed when we hope for things you always have hope and I wish just as dandelion seeds fly up in the sky you to move only up and forward in your work life." His eyes suddenly changed; he was serious. And now I felt my cheeks burning and my palms were getting sweaty.

"Thank...Thank you..." I said, "I'll wear it on a special occasion." I added. I wanted to save it for something good but I saw sadness in Jason's eyes for a second when I said that.