Dead?

Jason's P.O.V.

"We attack on my signal. The kids are the priority and try not to kill them." I said and then I let out a loud howl, which was the signal to attack. I let Conri take control to some extent, my vision changed and claws replaced my nails. I heard loud howls all around the place. And we ran toward the rough base from all sides. They were not ready for this, I could see the terror on their faces.

I could see my people rushing in from all sides, and before the roughs could think of anything we all were at their throats. I saw a few of my pack members jump on the roughs, pinning them down on the forest floor and the other kept running with me towards the tents. The blood of the roughs splattered as their throats were sliced open by the fangs of the ones who were holding them down.

We reached the tents in no time. As we were about to enter the four guards rushed towards us, they raised their guns and started firing without thinking twice. Even though the gunshot can't kill us that easily, the injuries can take a lot of time to heal. And we can't afford it right now. We all hid behind the nearby trees to get cover. And in a second it was like there was no one there.

The guards started to move closer and closer. They were being careful, taking their time with every step. The noise of fights happening at the other two tents filled the silence in the area. Then in that distant noise, I heard a shot. One of the guards shot and I heard one of the soldiers Mia fall on her knees. She was hiding not far from me and I could see as she fell on her knees. I was about to run to her but she stood up and raised her hand indicating she was okay. I still dashed to her, the guards started shooting but none of the bullets hit me. I checked her as soon as I reached there. And fortunately, the bullet only grazed her left arm. Nothing to worry about.

But then suddenly it hit me, a pungent smell. It was burning my nostril and piercing my mind. "Wolfsbane," I said. The guards were only a few steps away from where we were hiding. And again I heard four shots. But this time the voice was very faint. It came from a distance. It was our shooters. I looked in the direction of the tent and saw the four guards on the ground agonizing in pain. I howled and everyone came out from hiding. A few of our men helped Mia, and the others rushed inside the tent with me.

Inside the tent, the children were sitting curled up in a corner. The fear was very visible on their faces. Their hands and feet were tied up, scars covering their bodies, and their eyes fixed on the ground. I could feel that they were on the verge of crying but none of them shed a tear. Maybe they were trying to hold it back or maybe they were too traumatized to cry. I could feel the anger burning in me. Conri was going crazy too. His instinct as an alpha was taking over and it was getting hard to keep control.

But I need to keep calm. The kids are already scared if Conri lashed out they would be terrified. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. "Hey...Hey...Hey... it's all right now. We are here. We'll bring you back to your pack." I spoke as softly as I could as I moved towards the children slowly. I was being very careful trying not to make the situation worse. They were still not looking up. "It's all right," I said and they slowly raised their heads. I felt my heart rip as I saw their teary eyes. I gave a signal to the people behind me and they started to untie the kids.

"Where did the leader go?" Andrei asked as we all were helping the kids.

"You take the kids to safety, I'll go find that son of a bitch." I replied. I saw he was skeptical of this idea but he agreed.

As we walked out of the tent with the kids, I heard a loud thud from behind. I turned around and saw the leader fall to the ground, and a gun flying away from his hand. I could sense that he wanted to attack from behind but one of the men tackled him. A couple of our men rushed to the leader and held him up by his hands making sure he couldn't move. Then they dragged him towards me.

He still could not stand on his two feet, it was either they didn't give him a chance to get hold of himself or it could be because the impact of the tackle was so much that he might have broken a bone or something. They stopped in front of me, his face was hovering before me, he looked up to see me in the eyes. He was not scared or tense,, I saw anger in those eyes. It was like he was not thinking about the situation at all, there was no guilt in those eyes. He looked like a wounded starving wolf.

"I'm gonna kill you. I'M GONNA KILL YOUR ENTIRE PACK." He said, screaming the last part.

Hearing those words from his mouth I could not hold myself back. "My pack..." I said and threw a punch at his jaw as hard as I could. He fell to the ground. The two men who were holding him held him up again. He was bleeding from his mouth. The cheek where my punch landed was starting to darken already.

"I'm just gonna ask one question. Why the children?" I asked, trying to control my urge to hit him again.

"huh...You...You are the one who killed every one of my pack. You killed every last one. YOU KILLED MY PARENTS." He was speaking. I don't want to hear this right now. I already know all this. I'm too furious to keep control now.

"And what about your pack... they attacked another pack, they attacked the blue moon pack, and they did not listen to anyone. What about that? HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOUR PARENTS KILLED?" I let out an angry howl and it echoed throughout the forest, there was heavy silence after that.

"Take him away," I ordered. I turned around and started walking away as they dragged him away.

But in the next moment I felt Andrei tackling me, and followed by that I heard the loud noise of a gunshot from behind. I landed on the forest floor and Andrei fell on me. I felt his body weight land on me. He stood up in an instant and started checking on me. I was still on the ground.

"Jason, Jason..." He said as he slapped my cheeks gently. "Are you okay..." I heard him speak. But I was feeling this intense pain in the right side of my waist. "Jason... Jason..." He was speaking. I felt the pain rushing through my veins. It was spreading all over my body. It didn't feel something new, It was something familiar. I felt like razors were flowing in my veins cutting me from inside. I felt my limbs getting weak and my eyes were getting heavy. Even though my whole body was aching from pain I felt sleepy. I felt Conri fade.

I looked past Andrei, the night sky was beautiful. I could see the stars sparkle, it was just like how Owen's eyes sparkle when he smiles. I wish Owen was with me right now, I wish he could see how beautiful the sky is today. I was thinking of Owen as the stars started getting blurry, the bright light from them mixed with the dark sky and then it was all dark.

Author's note:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...(evil laugh)

Bow to me... Pray to me... call me EVIL...

Well, is Jason dead already? I mean I kinda started liking that guy? What do you say? Didn't see that coming did you?

I feel so wicked right now... I mean if I don't continue the story this could be the end... A very tragic end...

Now the question is... Will I continue the story or is it the end?

okay...Okay... I don't want people cussing at me so I'm just gonna say it... There are still a few chapters remaining. This is not the end... How Jason ends up? I ain't telling that.

This is it for this week. See you all next week.

Love you all.