When are you going to forgive yourself?

Owen's P.O.V.

After a few minutes, he came over with a pot filled with ramyeon. It smelled so good, that I felt my mouth fill with water. I felt the fragrance pulling me towards it. It was enchanting. Did he put a spell on it?

"Bon Appetite!" He said as he sat opposite me and placed the pot between us. He then handed me a pair of chopsticks and he kept the other.

I pulled out some noodles and the steam coming from them looked so gorgeous. It looked like it came just out of the commercial. I took a bite and I felt my mouth melt with the soup. The soup was spicy to make your mouth wet. It was savory. The noodles tickled my tongue. Is this even possible?

"Um...Um..." Jason was trying to say something but his mouth was full. He chewed quickly and swallowed in an instant. "Look!" He was pointing at the horizon.

It was already dark so the entire forest was black, it was like nothing there, it was pitch black. But at the far end there was the river and on its banks was our town Lahpiaro. The lights from the town were the only thing visible on the ground and they looked like stars, the river was reflecting all the light back. Because of that, our town looked like a river of stars passing through the dark, pitch-black space.

It was so beautiful I cannot describe it in words. It was a scene that you want to capture in photos but as soon as you reach for your phone you realize that no camera can capture its beauty. So, you just stay still taking as much of it in as you can. Even Vlad was enjoying the scenery and was not saying weird lewd things about Jason.

"It's so... It's so beautiful." I was awed. I said it without taking my eyes off it.

"I know," Jason said. "It is beautiful."

We finished the ramyeon while enjoying the scenery. And after cleaning the pot we both were sitting next to each other just like before. And then I realized I have to tell Jason About the offer in Australia. I reluctantly held Jason's hand.

"Um...Jason!" I said barely making any sound. My heart was racing and I was getting sweaty.

"Yup."

"I have something to tell you." I felt sick, my stomach was twisting and I felt like I would puke.

"What is it?" he said looking into my eyes.

"Mr. Wilson offered me a job as an architect."

"What!" His eyes sparkled. He looked so happy. He then hugged me so tight I felt the air come out of my lungs. "That's great news. CONGRATULATION." He sounded so excited.

"But that's not the only thing he offered," I said pulling away.

"Huh!"

"You see Mr. Wilson is doing this project in Australia." I paused for a second. His eyes changed. It was like he knew where I was going. He looked sad. "And he offered me a chance to work there. It will be for a couple of years." I looked down, trying to not look in his eyes.

But he grabbed my chin and gently made me look up. He was smiling, it was a comforting smile but it felt forced.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine," he said. He was trying to hide it but I could see the pain in his eyes.

I jerked his hand away. "Why do you always do things the way I want to? Why do you always walk on eggshells around me?" I was sad and angry. I looked at him and he was surprised by my reaction.

"Because... Because I don't want to hurt you anymore. I want to give you everything you want. I want you to be happy." he said, he was teary.

"And what about you? Will you always be like this? Will you always compromise for me?" I don't know why but I felt angry.

"But I hurt you! I-" he was about to speak but I cut him off.

"How long are you gonna live in the past, Jason? I have forgiven you for everything that happened in high school, when are you going to forgive yourself?" I don't know what I was feeling but it was not good. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

"You are not the same person Jason. Don't you see how much you have changed? But you know, we can't live like this. You doing everything my way, not sharing your views. Sure, you are fine now. But think about ten years down the road. Won't you feel frustrated?" I was trying to make my point. "Even if we are mates you won't be happy if you kept going like this. You owe me nothing, Jason. Nothing. I chose to date you because I wanted to." I felt my nerves calming.

I saw tears falling from his eyes. He hugged me again and was crying. I embraced him. "Tell me. What do you really want Jason?" I said caressing his hair.

"I... I... I don't want you to go. I don't... I don't want you to go. I want to be with you... I want... I want you to... be with me." his face was buried in my chest. Then he moved away and looked at me. His eyes were red. "But I know it is a good opportunity and you want to go. You wouldn't have told me this if you didn't want to go. So, I understand."

"I've already decided. I've decided what I want." I said. He was looking at me. I saw hope in his sad eyes. In those bloodshot eyes, the last fragrant of hope was still alive wishing for me to not go.

"I'm not going," I said. And his eyes popped out. "I'm not going to Australia." I was smiling from ear to ear. I was so happy I could die. I never thought that rejecting an offer can feel this amazing. "And I just said this to you to let you know about the offer I got. don't want to hide anything-" I was speaking but he kissed me.

He held me from my neck and pressed his lips to mine. It was amazing. It felt like he was waiting for an eternity for this kiss. He was crying from happiness. He kissed me like his lover was finally home after years of separation. He kissed me like I was finally home.

After a while, he pulled away. "But what about the job?" He asked.

"Oh! I'm keeping the job. I'm just not going to Australia. And It's not that big of a deal. It's just a different country, but we do amazing work here also." I said. And as soon as I was finished talking, he kissed me again. 

Author's note:

OMG! This chapter has been a roller coaster. At first, I was giggling with them, then I felt  jealous of them, then I was sad for Jason, then I was jealous. I mean what's with all this kissing? Like if you want to go all over each other then get a room.

Jason: You're just sad because you have no one to kiss.

Me: You son of a-, I was just feeling sorry for you.

Also, where is this place, river of stars. I would do anything to see that. Jason you better take me there too.

Oh! You see, I'm not that bad of a person. I don't always leave cliffhanger. Okay okay I do that frequently but I did not do it this time and I wrote three chapter. I'm feeling like an angel. Nah, just kidding. I hope you enjoyed this week's installment. Have a blast during this weekend.

Vote share and comment.

Love you all.