Chapter 78: The 5 Kage Summit

~~~

Standing in the dimly lit cavern stood was a man with a mask of a serpent. He sat on a chair as a magazine lied on his lap - the rigid, rough surface pressing against his pants.

His breathing was tranquil, flowing like the calmness of water gracefully falling down a waterfall ever-so beautifully. An aura of pride and strength emanated from his body as he meticulously flipped from page to page.

Naga had gotten his hands on the latest magazine to keep up with the latest news. As he kept turning from page to page, he finally stopped at the end of the magazine, a raw feeling slowly creeping over him.

His pitch-black orbs had hardened, anger taking over his being. The face of the infamous Uchiha had been plastered all over the page that he had stopped on. His fingers became fiery hot as he crumpled the side of the fragile paper.

Uchiha Naruto.

It had talked about the exploits that he was holding. But that wasn't what he was now wondering. Schemes, exploits like these should've been in the front page.

Are they trying to hide the importance of his deeds? As if they have everything under control? Naga wondered, knowing that their control over such a situation was abysmal.

But in the end. . . we are all aiming for the same thing; no matter how fanciful it seems. Naga stared at the stoic and monotonous image of Naruto's face.

To take down the tyrant king. Naga lifted his mask just a tiny bit above, only revealing his mouth and a tidbit of his nose. Right beside him was a table that supported a candle.

To the side of the candle was a glass of wine. Snatching the glass of wine, Naga took a sip before going back to the magazine. He positioned his mask back to its normal way.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself greatly," said a man that lurked in the shadows of the cavern that the light of the candle couldn't reach. Naga's head flickered to the owner of the voice. The man slowly walked from the darkness that illuminated.

"Obito-sama, what a pleasure to have you in my humble abode." Obito had been consumed by the light source, revealing his fluttering and striking Akatsuki cloak. His orange cinnamon mask was on his face with only a single eye-hole.

"It seems as though everyone is living in a cavern these days." His voice was humorless, showing that the words he spoke were not for entertainment but only as words. As Obito stood, Naga had gestured to the bottles of wine that he had on the coarse walls of the cavern.

"Would you like some? They're quite the delicacy that I've found." Naga had completely ignored the statement that Obito that had just made. He shook his head at the the serpent.

"No, I'm not here to have a glass of wine that you seem to indulge in. I've come to inform you of something." Naga raised an eyebrow right behind his mask. He had a suspicion that the topic in question was involving Naruto.

"As you know, Naruto is quite at large at the moment. But that won't stop our plans from advancing. It only means we just have to avoid him before everything is complete." Naga took notice of something that caught his eye.

"Is that why you have a bruise on our neck?" Obito motioned his hand towards his neck, caressing the bruise that he got from Naruto's grip. Even now he could feel the strength behind the hands that almost crushed his throat.