Independence.

It was two in the morning when I gathered all of my suitcases and filled everything in them

It was two in the morning when I gathered all of my suitcases and filled everything in them. Maybe this isn't a good idea but I just thought about it. I can leave. Nothing is holding me here anymore. I can get Valeria and go. Now that's the tricky part trying to get Valeria . Other than that I already know the rest of what I'm going to do. "Hey Jules-" Kayden stopped when he saw the bags and nothing really around my room anymore.

"Where are you going?" Kayden stepped in the room. I looked up at my curls falling to my face clinging on to my damped face. "I'm going to my mom and dad's house. it's far from here and I'm taken Valeria with me" Stone Town. My childhood home before things turned to shit

Kayden let out a scoff "no?" He didn't know everything I knew. Our parents died five years ago. We were both fifteen then. Well adopted parents, it's a long story.

"Excuse me?" I slammed the suit case catching my breath. "I wasn't asking. I was telling. I'm a grown ass adult so try me if you want to." I crossed my arms.

"Well you don't act like it! Last time I left you unattended you tried to-"

"Do you love me?" I cut him off.

"Of course-"

"Then let me leave." He couldn't say no now

"I promise I'll get help there. I'll call you everyday just please let me have her back and I'll be gone. We'll be financially stable. I saved enough from the bakery. We have some family friends there too. " I explained

"Okay" he mumbled, After a while Rachel tried to argue to keep Val here. But then I had to remind her who Val mom really is.

It was about 6am when we got bored on the plane. I wrote notes to most people since this was last minute but ever since the plane lifted I finally could breath. Some people probably think what I did was selfish but this is probably one of the only things I've done for myself.

♡︎

Val slept through the whole flight then she woke up cranky so I gave her a bottle.

The rental car I ordered soon showed up and I drove to the only house I knew to drive to. Getting Val out I cuddle her in my arm walking through the gates I knocked on the door. Not even one minute later Shelby answered the door and threw me into a hug. "Oh my gosh you look so good! And who is this you have on your arm?"

"Thanks Shelby. This is my daughter Val. I was wondering if Grams was home?" Shelby faces morphines to a frown.

"These days Lani is working a lot. She's not around right now. But I'll tell her you want to see her. Is there anything I could help you with?"

"Do you have the keys to my parents house?" It was all weird but Shelby handed me the keys and invited me to dinner. Going to the house it felt like I was 15 all over again. Inside the house it still smells like lavender and vanilla. Pictures displayed of my parents all around the house tears formed in my eyes. I quickly started to unpack my childhood room and this house is kind of big so it only feels right to give Val Kaydens old room. Once I had her crib and everything else set up she was sleeping.

I wandered around the house before there was a knock on the door. I just got here not too long ago. Opening the door I saw uncle Julius. I could almost cry. I automatically hugged him, a few tears falling in the process.

"Hey Kid" He patted my back gently. Julius was the only one who tried to keep in contact with me until they took me and Kayden away at 16 all the way until Kayden got signed to the Archers.

"What leads you back here?" Julius says as I step aside to let him in.

"The same problem my mother had, except I have a baby on my hip"

Julius knew what I was talking about. "What cured my mom?" I asked Julius, trying not to sound as vulnerable as I feel.

"For one. Love for sure. But before she could fall in love with Kain she had to resolve her past. Malia was... the strongest woman I've ever met and she saved me without even knowing it"

"How did she meet my dad?" I've heard the gist of it from my mom.

"I'm sure you know that Gracie took over Kain's racing gang. Well before she became a biker once upon a time she was a dancer. Kain and Malia kinda met like that. If you want to be technical Malia is the reason I'm married. She set me and Ben up on Valentine's Day then later on Kain proposed to her that same day. " wow.

"That was- Wow" I slumped down on the couch.

"Want to know something crazy?" I'm sure he was going to tell me anyway.

"Probably not but shoot"

"Your brother plays for the Archers right?" I nodded wondering where this was going.

"They have a game down here next week" explains why he let me leave so willingly, well not let me cause I was going to leave regardless.

After a while of catching up I felt happy to be surrounded by familiarity. I didn't feel pressured to talk, I just felt.... Normal-ish.

Before Julius left he gave me a number to a therapy office. Everything was looking good so far. After Julius left I fell asleep on the couch sadly missing the dinner Shelby invited me too. I woke up later on very hungry, I checked for any food which I doubt would've been there. Instead I ordered a pizza and went to check on Val. She was awake squirming around. I picked her up gently and set her down on the floor with some toys Rachel packed. I definitely had to go shopping tomorrow.

Maybe this can all be something good.

A/n
What do y'all think of Jules?

What are y'all thoughts on Kayden.