Shrek

"I have a question" I asked while Jovian and Ansel sat on my couch watching tv and drinking beer

"I have a question" I asked while Jovian and Ansel sat on my couch watching tv and drinking beer. Jovian looked up. I came around the couch holding Rosen.

"There's this girl- Aliana Declare. Her and Matt dated I guess." I sat down across from them. I watch as their faces morph to horror by the mention of her name. "Who testified against Matt- and who was at the crime scene" This has been bothering me for a couple of weeks so I decided to address it.

"This isn't a story I can tell-" Ansel said shamefully, putting his head down.

My eyes then wandered to Jovian, he wasn't looking at me either. He was staring straight ahead at the wall.

"I just want to know what happened. For Rosen's safety."  That made both of them look at me.

Ansel was about to speak before the doorbell rang. I secured Rosen on my waist before going to see who it was.

An old lady was at the door, she was very short and had sandy blond hair. Next to her was a younger man, he resembled the older lady in mysterious ways.  Both of them were staring at Rosen as if she was a piece of gold.

"Um excuse me-"

"You must be Jules, Matthew Jules-" I slammed the door, Matthew family, those people are related to Matthew. My breathing started coming rapidly and I couldn't keep up.

"Jules?" Jovian called coming around the corner with Ansel.

"That was Matthew family-" I choked up on my breath, I held Rosen close to me as she started sobbing. They found me- I wasn't- this wasn't-

"Jesus Jules" Ansel came up and took Rosen from my limped arms.

My ears started to ring really loud. "Jules calm down. Please breathe" Jovian kept distance. My skin trembled. They are going to take her, they are going to take her and hurt her. She's going to be in danger.

I placed my warm hands on the side of my head, making the ringing stop, the ongoing pain. Everything. I sniffled and wiped my eyes. I took a deep breath. "Ok. Everything's going to be fine. I'm going to be fine. I just need to breathe." Talking to myself in a moment where I'm gone helps. It's like I'm outside of my own body. Like I'm watching myself- I don't know how to explain it.

Rosen cries got louder as Ansel tried to comfort her. "Jules, they won't hurt her" Jovian stepped closer cautiously.

The balcony. Fresh air. I stormed past them and walked to my room. I opened up the balcony and took a deep breath. The wind was like a fresh sip of cold water after a hot day. I looked down the balcony and saw all the cars going by, the buildings, couples holding hands, pedestrians wandering around.

"Um- are you going to uh" Jovian said walking to stand beside me.

I sniffled feeling congested. "Not anymore" I joked sarcastically. I looked down as I felt Jovian staring at me. "Me and Rosen aren't safe here anymore. Matthew's family was involved with what happened to Aliana and I can't-" I could barely finish my sentence without breaking out crying. "She died, his family covered it up. They'll kill me too if they can't get what they want" My head was pounding, like a siren that never stopped.