Traitor

I hate the smells of doctors offices

I hate the smells of doctors offices. Makes me want to puke even more.

"So Jules, how've you been feeling?" Doctor Reim asked.

"I'm fine.."

So am I going to strip naked for my exam or what?

"Do you know how  far along are you?"

I glanced at Jovian and he just held my hand supportively. "I don't"

"Okay." She smiled at me "When was your last period?"

"Last month my first one in a while actually..."

"Okay, how was the bleeding and the pain?"

I shrugged "Kinda like how it's always been I didn't experience anything different.."

She nodded with a smile writing something down on her clip board. "So from your previous records it's shown you had a baby before.. and there were complications?"

Jovian looked at me confused

"Yeah I almost died.. funny story almost I died for like two seconds" I chuckled to myself but no one else laughed.

"She's kidding" Jovian cleared his throat "So how can you tell how many months she is?"

"In this case it's extremely rare for her to even be pregnant.. we could do an ultrasound see what we can find.. but if im guessing she's about three to four months." So I had my period while pregnant?

"Wait! I've been drinking, taking medication, I had a whole Period, I've jus been so reckless how can this?"

She placed her clipboard down. "Jules it's okay a lot of mothers who didn't expect did these things.. and everything turned out perfect." She put on a set of gloves.

"Can you lay back for me and lift up your shirt?" She intructed and I followed. She felt around on my stomach gently.

"Aww you definitely have a bump.. a nice size one. I'm thinking your about three and a half months."  My bump with Val was not really all that big.. that's how I was able to hide it till my water just spontaneously broke..

"And here I thought I ate one too many donuts" I said seriously. Or stress weight...

Jovain stared at my stomach in admiration and in a trance. I took his hand that was laced with mine and placed it on my stomach. He was surprised by the gesture yet taken in by it.

The rest of the appointment went by fast as she did the ultrasound.. I almost forgot how compelling it can be to watch a baby on a screen.. that's mine. But at the same time I feel guilty I didn't fall in love with the baby as soon as I saw it.. when I saw Val ultrasound for the first time I felt like I had a connection with her already.

Towards the end of the Appointment jovian had many, many questions. The doctor gave me a prescription of prenatals and a pill to help with everything inside of me move smoothly. Have to take them in the morning with water. Got it.