Heartbeats

My eyes snapped open on alert

I couldn't see, everything was blurry. Where's Valeria? Where am I? I felt myself panicking.

"She's awake! But she looks scared ." I heard a voice call out. I soon felt a familiar presence put my glasses on. I blinked a couple times before looking around. Jovian was holding my hand as he looked down at me concerned and angry.

I was in a room, a house almost. Plugged up to all these machines.

"You're at one of my safe houses." He rubbed circles around my bare wrist, weirdly it calmed me down.

"The baby?"

"Is fine, how do you feel?"

"Like shit. Jovian something about this seems... too real." I fidgeted with my fingers as I told him. He closed the door before coming back over ready to listen.

"I was stabbed in my thigh... again." I muttered to him as I lifted the blanket showing him the identical scar womb on my other thigh. "In the same place." I examined the scar.

"On the stairs." He finished remembering the small details I've told him from the night my parents died.

"Whoever did this know me deeply." Not many people know about how my parents died.

"Shit!" He ran a hand down his face. "Enzo's team is on it."

"Where's Val?" I've been aching to see her.

"She's sleep with Bailey and Oliver... weird kid." Jovian shook his head. I let out a small chuckle before wincing in pain. His face morphed from sadness to anger.

"I'll kill whoever did this" he said in a scary calm voice.

"Hey" I reached up and cupped his face "Im okay, we're okay. " I placed his hand on my stomach. I know I have slight bruising on my stomach from the impacts it took.

"You're not in pain?"

"Not really" I mean my head was throbbing but that was about it. Something about the way the person grabbed me was unfamiliar yet felt familiar.

"Jovian where are we?" I look outside to see the middle of nowhere.

"Our home until we find who did this. I already called my grandma and told her Ellie needs to stay down there for safety reasons." He smoothed down my hair "Ellie wants you to call her."

"Ok I will." I started to feel drowsy.

"I'll let you get some sleep." He kissed my forehead. I grabbed his arm before he could turn away.

"stay?"

He nodded before he took a seat on the couch to the side. I found comfort in knowing he was right next to me.

 I found comfort in knowing he was right next to me