Trying to move on

I swung by the hotel gathering my things

I swung by the hotel gathering my things. Rosen didn't have anything so I had to stop by the store and purchase a couple of things to hold her over. Luckily there was no one at the hotel. I'm assuming Ansel is still at the hospital. I trailed Kia to her house in the rental car I rented. My plan is to book the quickest flight home. And act like none of this happened. Which is hard to ignore. I mean all of it. My wrist stopped bleeding and Kia bandaged it up again.

Kia house was huge especially for a person who live
Alone with two golden retrievers. But I did hear that nurses get paid a lot of money. The guest room was welcoming and comfortable. It was a white framed bed with a white dresser and cream curtains and rugs. The room also had a bathroom in it which put the cherry on top. There's plants all around the house giving it a nature vibe.

I laid Rosen on the bed as she scrambled around. I went in the bathroom and made a quick bottle with the groceries I bought. While I was giving Rosen The bottle and rocking her to sleep I couldn't stop thinking about the hospital kiss and how it made me feel. I've been kissed many times, sadly but they've never felt like this one while this one felt meaningful and right. There may be something there but I tend to self-destruct... all the time. I can't hurt Jovian or those around me by being in a relationship. It's best for me to stay to myself and look after me and rosen. I haven't even gotten a job, I feel so unaccomplished and a bad role model for Rosen. I don't even know if I can get a job because who'll watch Rosen? I mean to be far I have enough money to last me a while. Me and Kayden still get profits from our parents' businesses.

Soon Rosen was close to sleep and I went ahead and changed her diaper before setting her down on the bed. I surrounded her by the pillows and made sure she was secured before going downstairs.

"Thank you so much Kia-" I walked into the kitchen and she stopped me by laughing.

"Don't thank me. Remember the promise we made to each other? Just because you didn't hold up your end of the bargain doesn't mean I won't." We promised to always be there for each other no matter what. It was kinda like a sister promise thing.

I went and sat on the barstool. I lowered my head in shame. "I don't have a good excuse but, can I at least tell you why I left like that?" Kia nodded taking out a pan. And that's when I told her everything from Hades to Jovian. I told her about Matt and everything I've insured over the years. By the time I finished Kia had made dinner.

"Damn- that is a good excuse. You're wayyy stronger than me. I would've just gone crazy bitch on everyone" Kia said taking the pan out of the oven. It smelled like an Italian restaurant here. She turned around taking off her oven mitts she walked over to me "On a serious note. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this alone. Well not alone but Kayden recently proved he ain't shit" She sent me a sad smile.

"It's fine, siblings fight" I took a sip of the water bottle.

Kia smirked, an evil smirk in fact "So tell me about this basketball guy." I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling.