Sweetheart

A/n I know nothing about baby/ toddler milestones so... uh.

It's been some weeks and Val was walking now and I was so proud of her

It's been some weeks and Val was walking now and I was so proud of her. It was the day I was teaching her how to walk. At first she was kinda unresponsive then she got the hang of it so one day I was using the bathroom and she randomly barges in and start clapping. Weird moment but definitely unforgettable.

This weekend was her birthday so I was preparing for that. Every single day like clockwork Jovian would call me at night, I'd enjoy our little late night talks.

It was ten at night and I was causally waiting for his call. Dammit now I can't wait to talk to him everyday. I need help.

I sat in bed with Val as I showed her flash cards of basic commands and repeated them to her to try and get her to start talking more. Her saying Mama all the time isn't working anymore.

"Eat." I did the sign language symbol also, I read that helped kids.

"E" she sounded out the letter. Well she's close. After thirty minute I stopped waiting and tucked Val into bed. Of course I had to play some type of Disney move in the background to help her fall asleep.

I sat in the living room and opened a bottle of wine. Val party was going to be outside by the pool so I thought I would at least start on blowing up some balloons. A whole bottle of wine and finished balloons later I passed out on the couch

"Honey I'm home!!" Someone waking me up, I shuffled around on the couch, cuddling into the pillow. "Go away" I mumbled before thinking, who the fuck in my house? Well does it really matter? I'm not dead now.

I looked up the sun staring back at me. My head was pounding from blowing up the balloons and the wine. Everything was blurry without my glasses but I made out three figures. Ansel, Jovian and Kia. I groaned "Go away I need sleep"

"Damn thought I was at least going to get a hug" Not if you're disturbing my slumber. "Wake up princess it's one in the afternoon." Jovian annoying ass voice made my head pound. Work! Important documents! Sleep? No no. Work! They are counting on you. Signed contracts! I sat up looking around. Val was walking towards me before she attempted to pull herself on the couch.

"Oh I forgot I had one of these" I stood up remembering I'm in a hurry. "This has been a lovely visit truly exquisite but I need things done. I have things to do. In other words, I need a babysitter." I barely acknowledge Kia. She looked shocked Val was walking. Wait hold the telephone, Ansel and kia? ANSEL AND KIA is here? That's why it seemed so tense in here."

"Yeah I gotcha." Jovian outreaches his arms to Val and she willingly went to him then Ansel made a face "I call dibs"

I took that time to go to my room and start picking out a work outfit. Hell I hate having to dress formally. The least I could do was follow dress code. I found a white blouse and jeans. I really don't want to wear jeans or a blouse. My sweatpants and sweatshirt was practically calling my name.