Gone

I was given an ultimatum, not a hard one but it was a choice I would have to live with

I was given an ultimatum, not a hard one but it was a choice I would have to live with. That'll make sense soon.

I blinked and Jovian was in front of me, next thing I know he's now on the floor clutching his stomach. Matt is standing there pale white as he drops the gun. The only sound was the gun hitting the floor 3 times. Jovian took a bullet for me and valeria - Matt tried to shoot me.

The look of grief on Matt's face shows me he didn't realize it hit Jovian. It was him or us. And I chose us. Another gunshot went off, this time it was my fingertips on the trigger, and Matt on the floor. What did I just do? my ears were ringing as I spaced out. Rosen cries filled the room as I dropped the gun. It hit the floor once, twice. before It settled on the floor. I just shot matt. He fell to the floor, with a thud echoing in my head. He clutched his heart looking at me in shock. He started coughing up blood as his dark eyes stayed on me , focused. Tears fell out of my eyes.

I tried to blink them away, I have no right to cry over matt. No right, he's made my life miserable. He opened his mouth to get his words out "Valeria-" He died. Instantly.

I shook myself into reality, I grabbed my phone from my pocket with trembling hands. I called the police. I peeked down at Jovian. He looked a little paler. Matt shot Jovian- I crouched down and sat beside Jovian as I held Rosen tighter I pressed my hand over his bullet wound."I'm so sorry" The words flew out of my mouth, I checked his pulse and his heart rate was slowing. What was I thinking?

His eyes started to struggle to stay open. "Please stay awake" I couldn't kill another person today. He couldn't die today. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing Jovian died.. because of me.

It was only two minutes later when police came barging through the door "His pulse is sl-slowing I don't know what to do I've been-" I was choking up on my words. The ambulance was over there giving Matt medical attention. None of them peeked in our direction.

"I'm going to need you to put your hands up and slowly get up" The police officer said while his hand was resting on his gun. "He's dying, he needs medical attention! Matthew is already fucking dead" God this world couldn't get more fucked up.

They blankly ignored me, "Ma'am put your hands behind your back and stand up" Rosen was in my arms crying. I slowly placed her on the ground where I could quickly grab her if I needed to. I obeyed and stood up, placing my hands behind my back."

"He's gone" They finally declared Matt dead like I haven't been saying he's dead. They all stood up ignoring the fact Jovian is bleeding out.

"Jovian Anderson he's-" I didn't even finish before they practically pushed me out of the way to attend to Jovian. The rest of the time they were acting cold towards me. But they let me go once I gave them my statement. And then they realized I was Kayden's sister. They offered to escort me to the hospital. I said no I'll drive. It's crazy they didn't want to give him medical attention until they knew his name.