His story.

"Jo can we talk" Lizzy came into the gym

"Jo can we talk" Lizzy came into the gym. I'm just trying to get a moment of peace. I shrugged and threw off my boxing gloves. I grabbed my water, chugging it down to steady my breathing. "It's her anniversary." Lizzy had tears falling from her face. I felt guilty.

I sat on the bench looking down. "I know." I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to relive the moment I got that phone call. The moment I looked down in her face and watched as she was taken from me.

"I'm going back to Savanna. I hoped to come back and rekindle what we had. We move on and love each other but no matter how hard I try. You still loved her, no matter what I wore no matter what I did it was her. And I want that for you Jo. I want you to be happy, you deserve it." Liz grabbed my hand. "Bye Jovian." She smiled at me before turning her heel. I quickly stopped her.

I reached out and pecked her cold cheek. I let my lips linger on her cheek. "You deserve happiness too."

After the gym I went home. Ansel has been quiet these days and Kia. I'm worried about Jules. I've thought about going by her apartment to check on her but she needs space. After the Gala I was hurt really badly but I understand why, Jules has been hurt so many times that she isn't allowing herself to fall into that pattern again. The best thing I can do is show her I love her regardless.

When I got home I didn't wait to go straight to my bar. Today was going to hurt a hell of a lot more if I was sober.

So I drank till I blacked out.

"Ma, can I go outside after I finish my homework?" I asked impatiently

"Ma, can I go outside after I finish my homework?" I asked impatiently. Math homework sucked so much. I hated even doing it. Anything involving reading sucked. Sometimes words float or zoom in and out or even look backwards. Sometime around eight my Ma took me to the doctor and they said I was dyslexic. It's not bad I can still read, I just have some trouble. But as I'm getting older it's becoming more faint.

"Yeah. Come back inside when the streetlights turn on." she said then resumed talking on the phone.

Going outside with Ansel, Derek and Malik was an everyday thing. Like clockwork when school was out we went out. As soon as I finished my homework I ran outside. Our apartment complex had a basketball court that we met up at.