Baby daddy

Being back home felt good

Being back home felt good. It felt refreshing and like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. It's been a week since we've been back. Today Hades is supposed to come here. I was nervous to see him, I've been on edge all week about him coming down. I also was able to get a job. It's at Grams company but it's still a job. I'll be answering calls, pitching in ideas at the company. I think I like baking a lot. I find myself wanting to do it.

I wouldn't mind starting my own bakery. I mean technically I do have to have money to do so. And I'll be my own boss. I can't cook for shit but I can make a mean tart pastry. Grams was willing to work with me on my hours seeing I got Rosen to take care off but Shelby recently retired and said she'll be happy to watch over Rosen.

"Baby nursery rhymes are kinda lame now" I sat back on the couch and watched as Rosen clapped to the music.

She looked back at me with a frown, sometimes I'm convinced she really understands what I'm saying- well she most likely does. Rosens been getting pretty big now, she's almost a year. Next month will be her one year birthday. I need to start planning her small party.

Rosen crawled over to my lap and laid her head on my lap. She looked like she wanted to take a nap.

Just then the doorbell rings and she perks up. I picked her up and went to the door "Hopefully it's someone with food" I bounced her on my hip. I don't want to cook but I'm hungry. Of course I would wish for some miracle to be standing in front of me with food.

When I opened the door it revealed Hades, I paused. He looked the same, his shaggy black hair was a little more greaser now. His jaw look sharper than it did last time. His eyes were darker, more gloomy.

"Jules" he breathed out, breaking the silence first.

"Hades" I did the same. We took each other in for a moment before I let him in.

I walked to the kitchen "Do you want anything? I have tea? Coffee? Water?"

He sat on the barstool "Coffee is fine" he looked down. Rosen moved around as I made the coffee. "How do you take your coffee?"

"Black." He answered quickly. "What's her name?" He asked, staring at Rosen.

"Valeria, I call her Rosen though.." I turned around with the coffee "Any objections?" I handed him the coffee.

He shook his head smiling "It's a beautiful name, she's really beautiful" he looked at her as if he was thinking, biting his lip and raising his eyebrow. A weird thinking face. His same old lip ring there. He looked even more for now, his tattoos on display. I think I got a thing for tattoos?

"So. What's your goal here? To knock me up again or something?" I asked, grabbing my own cup of coffee and taking a sip. Rosen put my hair in her mouth. That's disgusting.

He shrugged, leaning over "I wouldn't mind." Of course he wouldn't.

"Hades-"

"I want to be apart of her life." He interrupted me. My eyebrows furrowed. The thought of sharing Rosen didn't sit well with me. But I knew deep down both parents is what she needs. She needs stability.